Chapter 7

Managed to write this before I left the country (left a day late due to some problems with the car), but please be aware:
I WROTE THIS ON MY PHONE AND DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO EDITED IT SO THERE'S BOUND TO BE MISTAKES!! IF YOU SPOT ANY THEN PLEASE TELL ME. THANK YOU 😊😊
Anyway, here's the next chapter. Enjoy :)

The trees rustled around her as the leaves played to the tune of the wind. Birds were heard chirping up high in their twig nests and the flapping of birds, although still heard, was muffled as they glided between the branches; the slow trickling of water enhancing the beauty of nature's melody as the golden light of the setting sun bathed her in its glow.

She didn't have to open her eyes to know she was back in the dream world shared only by them. It was obvious from the scent of magic down to the touch of power which guarded the place from all but them. It was their haven, a place they'd go to be alone.

She opened her eyes and turned her head to Aaron. He sitting a bit away from her with his back against the tree, arm resting on his propped up knee, and eyes closed as his head rested on the rough bark. He looked peaceful, his figure blending in with the serenity of the forest, and it made all the tension leave her body. He was ok.

She rose from the ground, eyes never leaving him, and stood up. She just stood there observing him, from the way his chest rose and fell with each breath, the way his hair danced across his forehead as it played with the wind, the way his magic swayed around him as it got familiar with the surroundings, and the way his eyes watched her when she moved.

He smiled. 'How long do plan to stand there for?' he asked.
Delena didn't waste a second longer as she threw herself at him, burying her face in the crook if his throat and arms enveloping him into an embrace. His arms went around her and brought her closer to him as he buried his face in her hair.
'I miss you so much,' she whispered, her voice weak and fragile.
'I know,' he whispered back. 'I know.'
'You said you'd let me in,' she continued. 'I tried reaching you through magic but you wouldn't respond. I tried calling out to you through our bond but you wouldn't answer...' she paused as her throat got clogged up with all the emotion.
'I know Cherry. It hurts me too. But there's nothing I can do about that, no matter how much I want to.'
Delena pulled back to look at him. 'What do you mean? What's going on Aaron?'
'It's nothing--'
'Don't you dare lie to me,' she said, voice hard with anger at the thought of him lying to her.
'Let me finish,' he said. When he saw her nod he continued: 'I'm not in danger but I may be in a bit of a pinch. Remember when I told you about the guy who took me in?' Delena nodded. 'Well, he and his family have left a few days ago to Central Elynthia. It turns out that the Meeting of the Races is in two months - give or take a few days.'
'Meeting of what?' Delena asked with a creased forehead.
'Of the Races. You know, the one which occurs every year and we never attend even though we should.'
'Oh,' said Delena. 'That one. But what has that got anything to do with why I can't reach you?'
'One of the servants responsible for taking care of me in their absence is a shifter who's...not exactly fond of magic users.'
'Aaron,' the warning was clear.
'It's nothing I can't handle so leave that to me and you focus on finding me.'

Delena let out a long, pained sigh. 'Do you know anything about where you are? The location or continent? Maybe a landmark or something?'
Aaron shook his head. 'I would've told you if I did.'
Delena groaned and dropped her head to his shoulder. 'It's hard,' she said, voice thick with unshed tears. 'And it hurts.'
'I know,' he muttered. 'I know.' He rested his chin in her head and hugged her tighter.

They sat there like that for what seemed like an eternity, letting their magic caress and connect, strengthening their bond as the life around them continued to thrive. It wasn't until the sun had set and the moon came out that they moved.