Chapter 6

Ok. So I'm late with the update again, but if you're one of my followers then you should have received a message with the reason why. Well... one of the reasons at least.

So, as some of you may already know, this chapter is longer than all the others so far which meant that it took me a bit longer to write it.

Another reason is because I was a bit sick over the past few days which seriously hindered my ability to stay awake let alone write.

So...I apologise for the delay and here's the next chapter. Enjoy :)

Travis heaved a sigh of relief as he left the commanders office. Ever since the incident with the large influx of magic, the whole Citadel was in an uproar and he was finally getting a break after the sleepless nights and tiresome days of damage control.

Or not.

He let out a quiet, tired groan as he spotted a nurse coming his way.
'Is she awake yet?' he asked.
'Yes,' she answered. 'Doctor Evans wishes to speak to you before you go see her,' she answered with a small bow of her head.
'Very well,' he in turn replied and made his way out of the training facility, across the large field used for training purposes, passed the gate of the compound, and through the sturdy trees of the forest; dew covered leaves reflected the rays of sunshine, glimmering in the early hours of the morning.

He left the cover of the trees and walked along the flattened path to the guest house and entered from the back entrance; the same entrance Lady Delena and Sharika left through days before. He grabbed the handle and paused. Passing through the door would signify his new task as Lady Delena's' guard would begin. That would mean his private life would drop from barely there to almost non-existent as he would have to centre his actions around the activities of his charge. And if her recent actions were anything to go by, he would have his work cut out for him.

He shook his head to clear his thoughts and walked across the main hall, passing the grand double staircase on his left and under the arched doorframe. He then stopped by the desk just passed the entrance to his right.
'Doctor Evans requested to see me,' he said to the brown haired Paulette.
'He's inside waiting,' she replied with a nod in the direction of the office door about two feet away her. He murmured a quiet 'thanks' and walked over to the door, knocked and waited for permission to enter. He heard the doctor telling him to come in only a second later.

Travis opened the door to find the brown haired doctor sitting behind his desk in the far left corner of the room, typing away at the keyboard of his laptop. Probably updating patient records or catching up with unfinished work.
'You asked to see me?' he said as he closed the door behind him and stood with his feet shoulder width apart and hands behind his back. The way soldiers stood when facing someone of higher rank.
'Uh huh. Take a seat,' the doctor replied while waving his hand in the direction of the chairs in front of him without looking up from the screen. Travis walked over and took a seat directly in front of the doctor.

Joshua finished writing up his medical record for Delena and looked up.
'You look tired,' he commented.
'I was busy,' answered Travis. 'Pardon the rudeness sir, but why did you ask to see me?'
'To speak about Lady Delena and to give you a warning,' Joshua said. 'I'm concerned because releasing her magic seemed to have some sort of strange effect on her.'
'What do you mean?' Travis asked, brows scrunched up in confusion.
'You'll know when you see her. But Travis, don't blame her for what happened. Sharika said it needed to be done.'
'And you believe her?' Travis asked in surprise. Joshua smiled.
'It was the first time she stood up for anyone ever since she got here so yes, I do believe her,' Joshua replied, nodding as he did so. 'Anyway, why don't we go and see the Lady?' Joshua got up from his seat and made his way to the door. With his hand on the handle he turned to Travis who was now standing behind him: 'before we leave - like I said before, I'm not sure what the release of her magic did; but regardless of your thoughts or feelings, be very cautious when around her. Do you understand?'