•Chapter 2• Hello and Goodbye

A N N A

I woke up at 6 in the morning, I got up and took a quick shower. After that I got dressed and put my hair in a ponytail. I walked out of my room, I grabbed an old envelope and I wrote a message for Elsa on the back.

I'm taking your car. Be at the cafe at 12:00! No excuses! Love you! :)

The door of their bedroom opened and Jack came out. He yawned and ruffled his hair. He walked straight to the kitchen, mumbling something that sounded like 'mornin'.

"Morning, Jack. I'll be off now." I said while I grabbed the carkeys and my scarf and wintercoat. I put them on while walking down the stairs of the apartment building towards the garage.

Transportation was still kind of an issue. We only had one car, which belonged to Elsa. Luckily we lived near the police station and Jack could walk. But Elsa and I always had to argue over who could take the car. One of us had to use the bus or the subway.

I sat down on the driver's seat and started the car. I turned on the radio and some cheerful song was on. I knew the song and started to hum along and sing some parts.

"I messed up tonight, I lost another fight." I mumbled along while driving through the already busy streets of New York City. "I'll still mess up but I'll just start again. I keep falling down, I keep on hitting the ground."

I smiled and turned up the volume. "Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. Try everything!" I sang along loudly with the chorus. And a man in a fancy sportcar gave me a weird glance when I stood infront of a red light. I laughed and sticked out my tongue at the arrogant man and continued singing.

Within 10 minutes I arrived at my small cafe, I got out of the car and unlocked the door. I put up the opening sign and went behind the counter. I walked over towards the coffee machine and made myself a coffee. I inhaled the scent and took a sip. It was the best part of the morning. Just relaxing. The first customers would arrive around 8 o' clock for their morning coffee.

Around 10 and 11. I sold mostly coffee and tea with pie, donuts or cupcakes. 12 till 1 was the rush hour, luckily Elsa helped me out then. The remaining part of the day was also just coffee and pastries. I closed around 5 and then I would go home and slowly start cooking dinner.

I took another sip but almost suffocated when I heard the bell of the door. I took a quick glance at my watch and I saw that it was 7:26. The earliest ones always arrived around 8.

I looked up and saw the customer checking out the painting that Rapunzel had given me. I took another sip from my coffee but when the customer pulled his beanie off his head I really suffocated.

"Anna?" he said.

"Kr...Kris...Kristoff?" I said inbetween coughs.

He laughed and walked over to me. He patted me on my back. "You okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm great. What about you? I haven't seen you since highschool! We went to prom together, remember?" I said in excitement.

"How can I forget? I had the time of my life with you and the others. I've been really busy lately. How are the others? What have I missed?" he asked.

"You have missed a lot. Rapunzel and Flynn got married, Elsa and Jack got married. Uh, Rapunzel graduated art school. Elsa is a writer. Jack and Flynn are both police officers. I own a cafe. Yeah, you have missed a lot. What do you do nowadays?" I asked.

"You haven't seen me on TV?" he asked.

"Uh. No?" I raised my eyebrows.

"I'm a professional ice hockey player. I'm on break now but we'll continue our training sessions in New York in a few weeks." He said proudly.