•Chapter 3• Back in Time

J A C K

"Man, look at the view! We should move to Miami!" Eugene exclaimed in excitement while he stood on the balcony of the house we stayed at.

"We should really head to the station." I reminded him of the reason why we were in Miami.

"Relax! We have plenty of time." Eugene laughed while he patted my shoulder.

"I want to start this as soon as we can so we can leave as soon as we can." I said.

"Oh, I see. You miss Elsa already. C'mon, bro. You just need to look at it as a vacation with a good friend." Eugene said.

"Having to see Pitch again doesn't sound like a vacation to me." I said while I put on my police cap and grabbed the carkeys. "You comin'?"

We drove towards the station. The weather was really warm compared to the snowy weather in New York. We arrived at the station after a short drive. We got introduced to some people and then the chief told us his plan. Which I wasn't too satisfied with.

"What?" was all I managed to say after hearing the Chief's plan for me.

"I think it's a great idea." One of the police officers said.

"He has gone soft." Eugene chuckled. I glanced weirdly at him.

"Jack, do you think you're up for the job?" the chief asked.

"Well, of course. What was the plan again? I doubt that I heard it correctly." I chuckled.

"You used to be a... how do you call it?"

"Streetrat." I said blankly.

"Yes, now you have known Pitch from your past. We want you to reach out to him again and try to get inside the gang. Become a part of them. That way the police will be inside." The chief explained.

"Here's what you will wear." An officer handed me a box. I opened it and I got an old dark blue hoodie with some holes in it and worn out brown pants.

"I do hope I get a loan raise for this." I sighed and got up. "And he's coming with me." I said and pointed at Eugene.

"What? Me?"

"Yes, you. We're in this together, mate." I said.

"He can come. Now I want to show you his location." the chief said and he walked over towards his computer.
"Let me guess, an abandoned building surrounded by a maze of alleys. Am I right?" I said.

"Eh...yes."

"Classic Pitch Black." I chuckled. "You coming? We need to catch some criminals." I said and made my way for the door.

"Wait a minute." Eugene said and grabbed my shoulder, pulling me back. "If we know his location, why can't we just get them?"

"It has been tried in the past. The gang is too big and above all dangerous. We need to outsmart them." the chief said.

"And you think you will accomplish that with him?" Eugene asked sarcastically while pointing at me.

"Well, it's worth a try."

R A P U N Z E L

"Another one?"

I gasped while I awoke from my thoughts. I was sitting on a barstool in Anna's cafe.

"I figured I'd get you a new one since this one is cold." Elsa said.

I glanced down at my cup of tea that had turned cold and I sighed.