05

"Hey Raph, can we go to the downworld rave tonight?"

Last night was pretty hectic as soon as Raphael found out that Everly had let the mundie go. They argued for nearly a full hour until Evie left to go to bed.

All day today, Raphael has been giving his sister the silent treatment, sharing glances with her here and there. She's been trying to get him to talk to her the whole time by repeatedly saying his name, staring at him for a few straight minutes, screaming at him. Nothing worked.

"Raphaaeeellll, you can't stay mad at me forever!" Everly plopped herself down on the couch across from her brother.

He gave her a blank look before going back to reading The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton.

Evie couldn't handle the silent treatment anymore. She used the one thing that she promised herself she wouldn't use against her loved ones.

Everly walked over to him, kneeling in front of him. She looked directly into his eyes, captivating his attention. As if time froze for him, he sat there listening to her every word.

"Stop giving me the silent treatment," Everly's pupils began to pulse, a sign that it was working.

Raphael snapped out of it and smiled at her, "yea sure, the downworld rave would be fun, but you're not going."

"What? No! Why not? It's Rapturous Evening, you can't just keep me locked up in this G- Go-," she let out a frustrated sigh at how she can't say 'God', "G-o-d forsaken hotel!"

Raphael chuckled, "you're not locked up, you're grounded."

"That's not fair! I'm 18, you can't do that Raph!"

"Oh but I just did," he gave her a cheeky smile, seeing as she was angry.

"I'm not in your shadows Raphael, I'm going to that rave, whether you like it or not. I've been in this place for two days straight, I need to get out!"

Everly turned around on her heels, stomping her way to her bedroom like an upset 5 year old.

She went to her closet, looking through her clothes to find something to wear to the club. Once she found the perfect outfit, she showered before dressing into it.

She dried her hair and grabbed her makeup bag, putting on black cat eyeliner, a thick layer of mascara, and a matte lipstick in a plum shade. Taking a step back, she looked herself over in her body length mirror.

She had her brown hair curled into big voluminous waves, with the crown of her hair pulled back into a ponytail. Her outfit consisted of a black leather miniskirt and a tight, black, long sleeved crop top, followed by plum coloured pumps, matching her lipstick, on her feet.

She smiled to herself before grabbing a black clutch purse and walking out of her room.

She was about to leave but Raphael appeared in front of her in a flash.

"Um, no," he said as he checked over her outfit, "you're not wearing that."

"Raphael, what the fuck. Why are you so pissy all of a sudden, we always go to clubs together and suddenly now you're saying no."

"I told you, you're grounded," he said with an eye roll.

"And I told you, I'm going," she gave an eye roll back.