Chapter 2 - The truth

Toby was right. I must treat her better. I went to her room to apologize her. I knocked. Silence. I knocked again and again heard silence. I opened the door. She wasn't here. I was looking for her in all house and I didn't found her.

I put on my jacket in hurry and ran out. It was raining outside and it was cold. I was looking for her everywhere. 

Finally. I found her under the tree, where we had picnic. She was sitting at the bench. Her black, curly hair was falling down. Her tears mixed with the rain and her make up was falling down at her cheeks. She was so beautiful, so delicate. Her head was down, so she didn't noticed that I was slowly walking into the tree.

Now I was standing next to her. She still hadn't noticed me. I took off my jacket and put it on her shoulders.

-It's really cold today. - She looked up shocked and hurry wiped her tears.

-Can I have a seat? - I asked.

-Y... Yes. - She turned her head. She didn't want me to see her tears, but new ones kept coming to replace them.

I cupped her chin and forced her to look into my eyes. I wiped away her tears.

-How did you found me and why? - She asked.

-I was worried about you. - She left her head down and I saw a weak smile on her face.

- I'm sorry. I should not do that. -Said Sweeney.

-No... I am sorry. I know you miss her. - Her smile disappeared. I wrapped my hand around her and brought her closer, her head rested on my chest. I could smell her beautiful hair. It was so intoxicating.

,,My god. Sweeney! What you thinking about?! What about Lucy? She is your wife! Back to reality!"

I saw another tears coming to her eyes.

-Please, stop crying my pet. Why are you crying?

-Doesn't matter.

-Of course it does matter.

-It's really doesn't matter. -  I tilted her chin up again and said:

-Come on Mrs. Lovett. I'm your friend aren't I? Don't you trust me?

-Please Mr. Todd, stop pretending. Leave me alone, you don't care.

-What makes you think I don't care?

-You only talk about Lucy and this bloody judge. You never showed any interests on me.

-How do you know whether I care or not? You have no idea how scared I was when you ran off. Please, promise that you will never again run off.

-I promise. But it's not all Mr. T...

-You can tell me everything.

-Are you sure?

-Yes. - I looked into her brown eyes. They were so soft, so beautiful.

-I... I love you Sweeney. 

A/n: Please comment your opinion :).