Chapter 9 - Smile

Nellie opened her eyes. She felt a mighty headache and then quickly closed her eyes. Some memories quickly flashed through her mind. She felt a penetrating pain around her head. She wasn't sure if it was only a dream. ,,Bloody Judge, razor and... Sweeney..." It was true. Now she could feel his strong arms around her. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at Sweeney, lying next to her. Now she realized that he was looking at her. He weakly smiled and get off some curlies from her face.

-Hello. - He whispered with mild voice.

She tried to reply, but she could only stutter some vague syllables. Tears again welled to her eyes, but this time it were tears of happiness. He weakly smiled, cupped her face and gently kissed her forehead.

-Now everything is gonna be okay. - He said. She melted in his arms again.

-Come on. Time to get up sweetie. - Said Sweeney and get up. He started to button up his shirt, buckle his belt and put on shoes. In the meantime he looked at Nellie. She was sitting on the bed and looking at him. She sweetly bite her lower lips.

-What? - He smiled.

-Nothin'. - She reply.

-Ohh! You have voice. - He laughed softly. He went to the bathroom. She could see him in mirror, he was washing his face. He finished and immersed his face in the towel. When he revealed face and opened his eyes, Nellie was standing against him. She cupped Sweeney's face and deeply kissed him. Ohh, it felt so good to kiss her again, after all this time. He wrapped his arms around her waist and brought her closer. She was thankful to have his strong arms around her, cause she wasn't sure if she would be able to stand on her own legs. Her knees felt so weak.

They heard knocking. Someone entered the room. They left the bathroom and they saw Toby. He looked around and without looking at them he asked:

-Mum, when breakfast? - He turned his gaze toward them. - Ohh. Good morning Mr. Todd.

-Hello boy.

-Go to the kitchen, I'll come in a moment.

-Okey mum. - Lastly he looked at them awkwardly and left. Nellie looked at Sweeney. He burst out laughing.

-It's not funny. - She said with smile. After a while she burst out laughing too. They calmed down. She looked into his eyes and jumped at him, hugging him tightly.

-You don't realize how much I was missing you. I'm so sorry that I lied to you and...

-Hey, hey, hey! Stop it! You was right, I know you just wanted me to remember her in the good way. I love you so much and now everything can only get better. - He tilted her chin up and looked into her eyes. She smiled radiantly.

-I love you too Sweeney. Now come on, Toby is waiting. - She quickly left the room. He smiled after her and went to the kitchen too.