The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 6

The Silent Alpha

Chapter 6

© Copyright All Reserved

Victoria POV

I cried out in agony as I watched him fall. Again he fell; I can't believe that this is happening to Michael. Why would this man do that to him? What did Michael ever do to deserve that? That horrible man... That monster bit him! I was terrified, angry, hurt, shocked. But most of all I was in wonder. I have never seen anything like that in my life. That man... He turned into a monster, and he attacked us. I don't know why. First, he continued to grab me, he was trying to keep me away from Michael. And even though that man thought that he had that control over me, I still felt as though I had failed him... I still don't understand. Even now...

How do you feel as though you have failed someone... when they tried to kill you?

I wonder if Michael is alright. The last thing I remember is... laying with him in a puddle... of his own blood. What was I doing now? Where was I? I didn't notice that I... was dreaming... Am I?

I opened my eyes, looking around at my surroundings. Everything seemed unreal, as though this was a dream. I guess it was, it sure did feel like one. As I looked around at what my mind had created, I noticed that it wasn't something that I'd usually dream up. This was more of a white room. Almost as if I was... Wait, was I? Is this where people go when they die? Wait, but I didn't do anything. That beast didn't attack me, it attacked Michael.

Michael.

What in the hell was I doing sitting in a white room while Michael could possibly be dead? Oh no, what if—No! I can't bring myself to think things like that! I won't do it.

I looked around again, looking for a way out. A door. But there was nothing. How was I going to get out of here? I rubbed my temples, closing my eyes. Please God, get me out of here. When I opened my eyes, I noticed a figure walking towards me. It looked as though it were a man. I began to stand up. I waved my arms at him. Thank God there's someone here...

I took a step back, realizing that the man walking towards me was the one that attacked Michael and me earlier...

"Please, don't worry. I'm not going to hurt you." He said, but he didn't sign and... his lips weren't moving either. What the... "I know that it might seem weird now, but I'm talking to you in your mind."

I stopped moving, he was talking to me. But how could I understand him? I haven't heard voices in years, and I can't read his lips because they are not moving. Though it was almost as if I had an interpreter in my head, helping me see what he was saying though I still could hear him. So this was what it sounds like to hear someone's voice. Weird... He seems stupid. He grinned. I wonder if I could talk back. But the man shook his head, "Your mind isn't fully ready to talk to me just yet, but I can talk to you."

But he can read my thoughts... He nodded. Good, I wanted him to know what I was thinking about him! He took a step towards me.

"I never meant to do what I did, but I take full responsibility for my actions. I didn't know what came over me or why I did it..."

What the hell were you? I thought bitterly.

He looked at me, directly in my eyes. "I'm a Werewolf. I am the Alpha of the pack that you live in—" I shook my head, wait for what? A werewolf? So that is what he turned into? And what the hell did he mean the pack that I live in?

"You did not get a strong Werewolf gene—though, you still have it—in your family because you are deaf, but everyone in your house is." Ok, now I know that he was lying. My dad is blind, that is where he's wrong blind people can't be a "werewolf," but he just shook his head again. Telling me that I am entirely wrong.

"Your father wasn't always blind. He was once the Beta of our pack until my father died. And since your father was blind, he decided to step down from his position." Wait, but my dad never talked to me about things like this, I thought we talked about everything. Why would he hide this away from me?

"I don't understand why your father did what he did, but I came here to tell you something." He said I looked up at him waiting for him to continue. I could feel the coldness coming through my eyes at him. What was it that he could possibly say to me that'll make me see him any less evil in my eyes?

"I wanted to tell you that I was sorry for what I did—"

Wait! You're telling me sorry? You killed my friend! And there it was... After all this time of denying it and not wanting it to be true or even happen. I said it, the very words I didn't want to say. The very words that would kill me myself. You killed my friend! You murdered Michael.

At that moment I lost it. Nothing mattered to me anymore, Michael was gone, and it was my fault that he was dead. I had nothing to lose. I lunged at the man that was sitting in front of me, throwing him and myself onto the ground. I began to beat him on his chest, and the man just laid there and did nothing. It seemed as though the only thing I was hurting was myself.

You should be apologizing to Michael you worthless bastard! I loved him! I screamed out in my head, beating him non-stop on his chest. The man grabbed my hands causing me to stop, tears flowed down my face as I looked at him.

"I didn't kill him..."

My heart stopped, he was alive! But how would he know?

"Because I turned him."

~*~

Niklaus's POV

"Is she going to be alright, Alpha?" I turned around, facing the blind man. The events of what just happened with my mate replying in my head. She said that she loved that boy...

"She will be fine. She's actually going to be waking up soon."

The blind man nodded, "Thank you, and if you mind my asking, how is Michael doing?" he asked. I don't know why the question seemed to bother me... Maybe because my mate said that she loved him or that I turned him without his permission or even permission from his family. He was the only one with the Werewolf gene in decades to have one in his family, and they were fine with that. I wonder how they'd act when they found out their son is now a Werewolf. I don't even know how the boy will feel...

"He is recovering quickly and will be living with my Beta's family and me at the pack house until he learns to control his new abilities."

The blind man nodded again, walking over to his daughter, he took her hand and stroked her beautiful pink cheek. "I'm going to miss her."

"Excuse me, Alpha. Tori's things are ready." The young girl that was begging for me to snap her neck earlier whispered. I looked from her to her father.

"Victoria can stay another day," I said to her father. "I know that she won't be willing to come with me until she talks with you." The man nodded his head, understanding what I meant by talking to her. She needed to know everything before she could come with me and even though I said a lot; she needed to hear it from the man she loved, her dad. "I will come back for her tomorrow night," I said as I turned on my heels and made my way to the door.

But before I left I had to do one last thing, "I apologize, Steven." The blind man looked up at me, he looked slightly confused. "For her having to find out the way that she did. It wasn't fair, not to her or to you. I just don't know what came over me." With my last words, I walked out of the house.

I knew that the things that I have done to my mate in the short amount of time that I have known her are unforgivable, but for every sorry that I say to her I know that she will never forgive me.

_____________

Got time? Please please please read my new work, The Alpha's Heir <3! I would love your feedback. Have a great day awesome! :)

-Leilani