The Silent Alpha: The Beckon: Chapter 19

The Silent Alpha
Chapter 19
© Copyright All Rights Reserved

            I couldn't contain my happiness, Tori was here with me. She was here, sitting right next to me, talking to me, smiling at me. This was what it felt like to be truly happy. I didn't want this moment to end. I looked over her beautiful face, she was still laughing from the joke that I told her about the teacher that didn't fart in public.

            "You are so goofy!" She signed, her hands still shaking from her laughter. After what felt like a short time of blissful happiness, Tori stopped laughing, but still held a smile on her face. She looked up at me. I was now sitting on a bucket that was in this cage. I couldn't touch the bars of the cage, it was laced with wolfbane. I could reach through it, but if my skin came in contact with the poison, it would burn. And I knew not even the moon's warmth would keep the pain away. "I'm scared," She signed; I felt shock flow through me. Why would she feel that way?

            "Why?" I asked, she looked away for a second then back at me. She gave me a small smile.

            "I don't know, that's the problem. I have this horrible feeling taking over my very soul and I don't know why," She said, a single tear escaping her eye. She wiped it away quickly, "Maybe it's because you are still behind these bars..."  I immediately went to her. I slowly put my hand through the bars, being sure to not touch them. I placed my hand upon her cheek. She leaned into it; bring me comfort instead of me being the one to give it to her. I smiled sadly at her. I wanted her to know that there was nothing for her to be afraid of, I was with her and no matter how bad things may seem I will always be there to protect her.

            "You'll be alright," Was all I said, I looked directly at her as I spoke those words. She nodded her head; I hoped that she believed me. Even though, I didn't know what the future held for us, I knew that, no matter what, I would always be there for her when she needed me. I slowly pulled my hand away. I looked up in the direction were a sudden crashing sound came from. I listened closely, I growled. He was here.

                                                                        ~*~

            I stepped out of the office after I had gotten call from my pack member telling me that Nick was here. I sighed in relief, thank goodness he made it safely, I had been trying to get in contact with him for the past few hours but I had ended up with nothing. The same pack member that had announced to me that Nick was here also warned me that the Alpha did not seem too well.

            I went to the front of the pack house and waited for Nick's arrival. Luna Victoria hasn't come out of her room all day; I hope that she was alright. After she had fainted it had sent a feeling of uneasiness through me. It was unnatural for me to see my Luna fall weak the way that she did and that I didn't tell Nick about it as soon as it happened. Though, I did want him to know about her being unwell, I didn't want to cause more stress on him while he was at the meeting.

            It seemed as though hours went by before the car pulled into the driveway. I glanced at my watch; it had only been ten minutes. I groaned, it seems as though my patience was lacking more than I'd like it to. I just really want to hear the news about the meeting and how it went. I felt a slight tap on my thigh as I watched the car approach. I looked down to see my little girl looking up at me with her mother's eyes. I smile; I haven't seen her in what felt like forever. Even though I tuck her into bed every night. I bent over and picked her up, hugging her with most of my might. My girl, growing up so fast.

            I pulled away, "How are you, Sweetheart?"

            "I'm okay," She said sweetly, I looked at her suspiciously. She only spoke to me that sweetly when she wanted something. Seeming to pick up on my observation, she jumped right to it. "Can I have some ice cream?" I laughed lightly, planting a small kiss on the top of her head.