The Silent Alpha: The Beckon- Chapter 11

The Silent Alpha

Chapter 11

© Copyright All Rights Reserved

(Amadeo's POV)

"You know, I still don't understand what I did for you to be so mean to me," I said, looking at the big man that always stood in my room. And when I say always, I mean always. It was almost as if I shared it with him. "You never answer my questions and you never talk. Why?"

Aldo looked up at me from his book, "Because," was all he said. Then he went back to reading, how amazing. I shook my head maybe that was going to be the best thing that I got from him for the rest of the week. Man, I was really going to miss talking to this guy when—

Amadeo, meet me in my office in five minutes. My Alpha, whose name shall never be spoken—I love those weird wizard books—said in my head. It wasn't that I didn't know the man's name; it was just that I didn't care about it. He was my Alpha and I addressed him as such, but aside from that, he was no one.

"Well, guess I must tend to the master's needs," I said jokingly to Aldo, but all he did was look up and back at his book. He had a book with an apple on it. I sighed; he was a tough nut to crack. Out of all of the pack members that seemed to enjoy my presence, he was one of the few that didn't seem to care. It bothered me at first, but I had grown to accept the fact that that was how he was, boring and simple. Hey, I can't help the fact that the Moon Goddess and the man known as God had blessed me with such great presence. I mean no one can resist me!

"Just keep telling yourself that and maybe... just maybe... someone will actually care to believe you." And there he spoke! Aldo glanced up at my shocked face, a slight grin on his. "' And there as he looked before the one that gave him a shock, he returned it with grief...'" He quoted from the book in his hand, no way was that line in there! I have read the book with the apple on it a million times, never was that line in it. I looked again at the book and saw that it didn't have an apple on it, it was Aldo's bookmark that was shaped and colored like an apple. He still had the title covered. What a nice... yet weird, quote that was to choose.

"' Though then was grief and then came pain, life was taken from those in vain...'" I quoted back to him, he looked—for the first time since I met him—interested in what I had to say. I smiled at him, "You may have the title covered, but I know that book like it's my own reflection," I stood up, getting ready to leave. "Living in this place for two-hundred..." My voice trailed off, going into the time when I was first here. I had no one, no friends. That was when I learned to read, the library became my new friend. "You learn the value of words and their hidden meanings."

"And what do you think the hidden meaning to that was?" He asked, clearly questioning my intelligence on the book that he held, on the book that I loved.

"That even though you are given something unpleasant, the one that had given it to you will not see another glorious day," I whispered looking at him from across the room. I shook my head of the thoughts that had passed; I never really spoke of the hidden meanings that I had seen in the pages of anything. I made my way to the door. Why was it so easy for me to say that?

"And why would that be your meaning?" He asked me, I shook my head, opening the door to escape not only him and his questions that made me give honest answers but from my own truth. He, magically, made me give him my answers truthfully and with purpose. It was an answer that came from deep within me...

"I don't know," I said before I said any more truth, closing the door behind me as I made my way to my Alpha's offices. Who would've known that after not having that man, Aldo, talk to me for years that I'd hate it when he actually did. I shook my head, in two hundred years I am always getting surprised.