Part- VIII

"You are coming with me under the request of Lord Mephistopheles."
Scarlet's eyes fluttered open flashing a bright crimson red as a cruel smirk grew on her plus colored lips.
What had happened to her?
Her grip on my wrist tightened the more I struggled but I didn't plan on running either.
"Scarlet you don't have to do this! You don't have to be like him!"
"YES I DO CAN'T YOU SEE THAT!"
She screamed in my face the maroon fading back to brown.
"AHHH!"
She growled letting go of my wrist with a screech and crumpling to the ground on her knees.
"S-Scarlet?"
She looked up again tears running down her face with a malicious expression.
"Say goodnight, Orchid."
Then it all went to black.

I woke up with my hands tied behind me. My entire body seemed to be submerged in a rough and scratchy rope but it was more than just rope. Possibly a poisoned rope of some kind or a toxic rose stem.
"LET ME GO!"
I screamed. I was surprised my mouth was free.
Then I heard footsteps enter the dark room and a flash of red.
Scarlet.
"SCARLET PLEASE YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS! YOU AREN'T LIKE YOUR FATHER! YOU AREN'T PERFECT BUT YOU AREN'T A KILLER EITHER!"
I might of been desperate but ever word I uttered was true.
"Well well well, oh Orchid you poor, inferior, little girl."
I heard a deep mans voice booking throughout the room until I saw the face of Scarlet in front of mine.
The tongue of a snake slithered over her lips and her pupils slimmed giving her a demonic snake look.
"Sssscarlet, hmm yes yes, the girl that tried to save you after she knocked you out and brought you to my kingdom."
The demonic presence slithered towards me, closer.
All traces of what was looked like Scarlet was gone and the snake like being grew into a large figure of smoke.
The smoke dispersed revealing a tall man.
He wore a mask over his face with holes for the eyes and a suit.
Was it him?
Is this the overlord of the underworld?
Is this where it ends?
Where is Scarlet and what is he talking about?
"I guess I could just kill you then you and your brother wouldn't be able to stop this."
He dark raspy voice spoke in an evil tone.
He traced a knife pointed finger across my neck lightly to mock me.
I squeezed my eyes shit bracing for impact.
"Ah ah ah. We wouldn't want that now would we?"
I opened my eyes again to see the lights had been turned on.
I was in a dungeon like room. It had mossy cobblestone walls with a small rusted steel bar door in the corner where I could vaguely see a bit of light shining through.
He clapped his hands and the door opened.
A group of men wearing similar masks to the man but in armor brought in a shiny guillotine along with a struggled Scarlet tied up with rag in her mouth.
The men took the rags out of her mouth and left the room.
"Oh my god- ORCHID I THIS IS ALL MY FAULT I-I IF IT WASN'T FOR ME THE WORLD WOULDN'T BE ENDING YOU COULD SAVE IT WITH MAX AND THEN YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TO DIE AND I-"
"Alright alright enough of this lovey dovey sh*t let's cut to the chase."
Was this man actually going to slice the neck of his own daughter?
He really was evil.
After all he was the lord of the underworld. But that made Scarlet the Princess of Darkness. That did have a nice ring to it.
I wasn't just going to give up though. I had to do something.
"Alright Scarlet you will rank up once in your military basis to level 13. That would make you a full time military commander and you would have done your duties to one day be our future queen. Now why don't we get on with this whole thing."
Scarlet let out a shaky sigh and nodded. Her father snapped his figures and all the ropes crumbled to the floor.
She slowly stepped towards me and around me, bending down and untying me.
"Don't try anything I have the whole place charmed."
He suddenly added.
So he wanted Scarlet to kill me?
I would die for her but it wasn't just that.
Dying for her would mean killing thousands of quintillion a of species.
And life was something too precious to waste.
"Scarlet you don't have to do this."
She didn't say anything a single tear slipped down her cheek.
"Go on Scarlet."
He pushed her towards me.
I was untied so I wrapped my hands around Scarlet hoping to change something.
I hoped to make her heart soar as it did before.
"Do you even know why you're killing me Scarlet?"
I whispered in her ear.
She shook her head slightly.
"Your father isn't just going to kill me. Max. My dad. Everyone. He's going to take over the universe Scarlet and the angel realm were the only ones stopping him. With the help of Max I can fulfill my prophecy. Please."
She didn't move just continued pushing me towards the deadly machine.
I watched as a single tear rolled down her cheek as she lifted her hand towards my neck.
She muffled a chant looking at the feet her bangs hung off her forehead. She hand Rose and so did her head. Her eyes glowed an even brighter red than before as she raised a strong arm in my direction.
I felt my whole body go stiff expecting her to jolt me over closer to the execution blade.
Before I could blink she forcefully turned her body towards her father.