chapter 5

"You ready?" Dinah asked Camila as she emerged from her bedroom all dressed up. She was wearing a simple black dress and heels – nothing too flashy yet still sexy in a way. Dinah was sexy though, Camila had to give her that.

Meanwhile, Camila was sat on the couch waiting for her best friend. She wore denim shorts and a blue thin-fabric button-up paired with her own choice of heels. She wasn't really a fan of dresses in clubs. She preferred to keep it casual and comfortable if ever she needed to run away from a fight inside the building, as funny as that sounded.

Camila's arm was perched on top of the couch's head, her cheek resting on her fist as she watched her blonde roommate go about their living space to double check everything. "I've been ready thirty minutes ago, Dinah," she remarked blankly, heaving out a loud sigh. "What took you so long?"

"I couldn't find the perfect outfit," Dinah answered distractedly. She moved to one place and retrieved her clutch bag before going to another in frantic search of something.

Camila raised an eyebrow and scoffed goodheartedly. "Dinah, you could be wearing a trash bag and I'd still think your outfit is on point," she complimented with a growing grin.

Dinah laughed in the middle of checking the contents inside her clutch and shook her head fondly. "You're one to talk, Mila. Everyone knows you could wear nothing and still look good," she replied.

Camila waggled her eyebrows cockily. "Well, of course. I mean—"

"That wasn't meant to boost your ego," Dinah cut off warningly. "Seriously, Walz."

Camila laughed genuinely to Dinah's look before shrugging it off. "Come on, China. What's taking you so fucking long?" she complained with a roll of her eyes.

"I can't find my ID," Dinah mumbled distractedly as she shuffled around some more. "Do you already have yours?"

"Yeah, I've already checked everything. I'm good to go."

Dinah sighed frustratedly before gasping when she finally found what she was looking for. "Thank God it's here! I thought I'd lost it," she said, smiling happily before slipping the said ID inside a specific place. "Are you all good now, Mila?" she asked, folding her leg backwards to try and tighten the ankle strap of her heels.

"Yes, of course," Camila sighed out as she stood up from the couch and retrieved her small purse. "Now, can we please get going already? We're gonna be running late." She tapped her foot against the floor impatiently.

Dinah checked her tiny wristwatch and frowned at Camila. "Don't worry. The reason we're going clubbing is because there's no late time, remember?" she said with a grin. "It's only quarter to ten, Camila. Loosen up. We'll get there eventually."

Camila rolled her eyes and huffed. "Well, Lauren did say she was going to leave at around eleven or twelve midnight. I'm sure an hour of clubbing won't be fun at all," she said.

"Then we'll continue without her," Dinah brushed it off calmly.

This made Camila frown and narrowed her eyes at her best friend. She didn't want to continue partying without Lauren. The only reason she was keen on joining the plan was because of Lauren, after all. It would look bad if she just paid no attention to Lauren's departure and kept enjoying herself, right? That was just disrespectful. Besides, they were the ones who invited her in the first place.

"Yeah, I don't think so. Come on, we still have to get Ariana," Camila quickly said, pushing Dinah gently by the shoulders to lead her to the door. "We don't have the time. Hurry."

Dinah only rolled her eyes with a loud sigh and did as told. When they exited their dorm, they were met with a deserted hallway with a couple of people on the end getting into their rooms. Although there were still several people roaming around the campus at this time of night, it seemed like the perfect time to get out and not get noticed by the way they were dressed.