Ch. 6 Wait a Second!

Ginny woke with a start, clutching the bedsheets desperately as if they anchored her to the world. The sun wasn't up yet, as it looked to be just about three in the morning, and her room was pitch black.

Ginny tried to organize her thoughts, taking deep breaths as she laid against her headboard. Her panic woke Harry, and she could hear him scrambling to get at a distance where he could talk to her. She still couldn't initiate long distance conversations, since her magical core was still healing, but when Harry got the the very edge of his patio he could usually send her a message.

It was awful, not being able to talk to him like she used to. Since her bedroom was at the far end of the house, she used to be able to say small sentences. But now, she was completely helpless.

As Harry got out of bed, she did too, going to the bathroom wearily to wash off her face. Grabbing a rag, she cleaned her face of any sweat, and a couple tears, that had made its way down her forehead and cheeks.

She looked in the mirror for a moment, staring into her brown eyes. Harry'd always loved her eyes, she remembered, when they were smaller. Chocolate and butterscotch, he'd say. Back when there wasn't a Bond, and they were just friends playing at each other's houses over the summer. What surprised her was that, she was just thirteen almost fourteen and.... She looked so mature. She looked older than she was. The Bond matured them faster, so it was easily explained why she looked like a sixteen year old. But it still shocked her. It was another way the Bond took away her childhood.

Because they couldn't afford to be children anymore. No matter how hard they wished they could. There was too much going on. Their lives were hanging on a thread. One wrong move and-

Gin? Harry asked. Ginny sighed, placing the rag on the counter. She didn't even have to focus to send a wave of melancholy towards Harry, and felt him dart off to get his broom and make his way over.

She was shaking, the screams still echoing in her head when Harry opened her window and slipped in silently. Ginny had moved to kneel on the floor, her heart beating wildly, and he rushed over, grabbing her shoulder's worriedly.

"Ginny!" He said out loud, tucking her into his chest. Slowly, the screaming in her head died down, being replaced with a warm glow that in enveloped her. She took several deep breaths before explaining the dream to Harry.

"A man. It was in the desert and he was screaming. Crying over and over again. It felt different somehow. Not like our time, so I think it was in the past. Whoever it was, they lost something. Another person was taunting them, and the first man killed him. Kande, was the persons name that the man was crying for. He sounded so heartbroken." Ginny whispered, not feeling strong enough to talk through the Bond. Harry moved so she was curled up on his lap, and gently shushed her.

"Hey, don't worry. It's okay, I won't let anything happen to you, okay? Whoever that was, they were far away. If you're right, not even in this time." Harry held her to his chest tighter, as if that could protect her from all her bad dreams.

"Okay," She resigned, reaching up to kiss him softly. "Thank you."

Harry hummed as a reply, laying his head on hers. On moments, the world faded out, and the two were asleep.

///

Time watched with bated eyes, searching through the eras. The greatest gift she could give the Bonded was knowledge of the past. And yet, it wasn't enough for them to realize how thoroughly important this was.

It hurt to watch them, like she had so many years before. And then before that, and before that. She knew everything about them, yet she had just seen them for the first time fifteen or so years before. Sometimes she had to remind herself that these two were different. They weren't the same as before. New personalities. But still, she compared everything they said to something of another time.

With a slow step, Time backed away from the clouds, and towards where Love, Fate, and Destiny stood waiting. Maybe this time, with the help of her family, Time could save the two beings she loved most.