Ch. 40

A/N
Okay, I am literally exhausted, my head hurts, and I just want to curl up in bed and sleep, but I have to get this chapter out because I won't have any opportunities to edit the chapter I'm posting soon tomorrow since I'm spending the night at someone's house, so I figured you guys would rather have this than a crappy chapter. Hope you all enjoy!

Ch. 40
I Am

My name is written on walls and in newspapers. My life is continued through series of events that don't ever connect. I have died and come back even stronger. I sustain myself through the power of a defenseless girl that thought of herself as strong.

My fingers are like icicles, my eyes black vortexes. My mouth is forever in a cold sneer and my soul is as dark as night. I control the people I want to control, with little to no drawbacks. They are mine.

The little boy that thought he had killed me with his love for a girl who could never be saved had not succeeded. With pain in my non-beating heart, I had hidden in the shadows. I had awaited an opportunity.

And the girl who had hosted me? Thought of me as her friend? She was weak. She was weak and she was a coward, hiding behind her perfect soul that I would soon be happy to rip into shreds. But she wasn't so weak anymore. She wasn't such of a coward. That much I could give her.

I had watched her, ever present in the very edges of her mind, unable to move farther for risk of the Bond extinguishing any power I had left. I had watched until the moment her wards went down. The moment she was unprotected, shivering in the cold breeze that she hadn't felt in the longest of times, the breeze of my fingertips racing across her subconscious.

I invaded her nightmares and I showed her the end. I kept her frightened and screaming in the darkness whilst I found the one thing I had been looking for.

The glow burned me and every second felt like an eternity as I worked at the rope tying her to the boy. The boy I would soon kill, after I had driven him insane with grief.

Did I know that I wasn't real? That I was only a fragment of what I used to be? Yes, but that only made me work harder. I pulled the Bonded apart, fed her nasty words and laughed as pain sparked in the rope that was slowly disintegrating in my hands.

I was no longer weak.

I am strong.

I was no longer Tom Riddle, I realized with a small sneer gracing my figures.

I am Lord Voldemort. And soon, even the Bonded, the young god and goddess of light and love and every other little ability they possessed, would bow to my power.

You thought there would be a happy ending?

Think again...