Friends?

Yuusuke POV

"Has your birthday passed?" Kaede asked as he stare at me with his huge, sharp purple eyes.

What's with that question? If my birthday had already passed and I didn't invite him, I'd be in for a beating.

For some reason, today's Kaede's is weird. Like, really weird.

Normally Kaede would be threatening to tell on me by this point; for making him ask for help; for seeing him in his vulnerable form.

I had been expecting a 'How dare you question' - or something alone that line- when I saw him fall, but to think he said 'please'.

But then again, he said he had the Amne-thing I saw in movies. Maybe that's why he's so weird today.

But seeing Kaede so polite is still a bit...Weirrddd

.'.'.'.

Kaede POV

I figured I asked a weird question out of the blue, but wouldn't people normally just answer the question without looking so freaked out?

I waved a hand in front of him, and repeated my question.

"...No?" He tilted his head while he started to bite on his lollipop.

I slumped in relief after hearing his answer. That only meant one thing-I had time to stop the 'accident' from happening.

"You sure are weird today, Kaede."

"Hmm..." I gave the boy a mindless reply, already thinking of ways to stop a demise from happening.

"So, do you want to go back to your bed or not?" the semi-Albino asked me, standing up with the lollipop still in his mouth, hands patting non-existent dust off his shorts.

"Oh. Yes, please."

Just as I answered, the boy once again raised an eyebrow at me. Thankfully, he didn't comment on anything and just heaved me up by an arm and slung me over his shoulders. I was a bit disgruntled by the sudden movement, but I couldn't complain. It is a six years old carrying me to my bed.

Unexpectedly, he dragged me back to my bed quite efficiently and carefully. With the way he had handled me, I would have assumed he had experience with helping people who couldn't walk.

Once I was on my bed, the boy-Yuusuke, actually took it upon his duty cover me with my blankets.

Strange, I never pegged him as the considerate type.

"Thank you..." my hands unconsciously grasped the soft material on the blanket, pulling it up to my nose. Flushing as I expressed my gratitude, I buried half of my face in the blanket.

When was the last time someone had treated me so kindly? I have been so used to the ill treatments my foster parents gave me that this kindness Yuusuke had given me feel so out of place.

"...Your welcome?" Without any prompting, Yuusuke quietly took up the space on the chair stationed by my bed.

I thought he would leave by now.

"Does it hurt?" came another unexpected action from the boy.

Facing him, I could tell from the boy's eyes that he was curious. Curious about my injury.

"No, it doesn't. It just feels numb now." I gave him a vague reply, hoping he wouldn't ask on any further, since I don't have any other knowledge of 'Kaede'.

I doubt this person even knows what 'Amnesia' is, even if he acted like he knew what it was.

"Hmm... Auntie told Mom that you can go back to school next week." From his clueless expression, I can more or less guess that he didn't know what 'numb' meant.