Chapter 2. The Letter

~XX years later~

Your PVO.

It was another boring day at work, I work in the customer service department of the company known as Joja, if you ask me honestly I would tell you to never buy anything from us, the way they Handel the staff is horrible, they don't pay us near as much as they should for the kind of work we do, and it's just the beginning I could tell you more but my head hurts just thinking about it.

I was beginning to miss the quiet times I had as a kid on grandpas farm, I sighed a bit and turned off my computer and began looking for the letter grandpa gave me many years ago, before he passed away, I finally found it, in my drawer under some unsigned documents, some unattended parties like I would ever go to a company party I only work here because I couldn't find anything closer to my home, also I didn't want to move out of the city since I didn't have a drivers license.

I sat back in my chair and slowly opened the letter 
" Dear (y/n) if you're reading this, you must be in dire need of changes.

The same thing happened to me, long ago. I'd lost sight of what mattered most in life.... Real connection with other people and nature. So I dropped everything and moved to the place I truly belong.

I've enclosed the deed to that place... My pride and joy (your farms name). It's locarede in Stardew Valley, on the southern coast. It's the perfect place to start your new life.

This was my most precious gift of all, and now it's yours. I know you'll honor the family name, my girl. 
Good luck.

Love, grandpa

P.S. if Lewis is still alive say hi to the old guy for me, will ya?"

Tears began forming in my eyes, this is what I need a life away frim the noisy city and Joja company, like hell I would end up like that guy over there*.

I packed my stuff and got up to the boss and quieted my job.

Time has come Stardew Valley here I come!

~Authors note~

Hello :3 I'll use this * as a sign to the references from the game, or other things, it'll always be notede in the bottom ^^

The reference this time is the skeleton on the company computer in the start of the story

Next up is the first days on the farm

To be continued