Prologue

'Once upon a perfect time, many hundreds of years ago, when the old magic clung to Moonacre valley. There was a young woman and her most trusted friend and companion, the women's skin gleamed as pale as a star, one with a heart as pure as moonlight, the other a heart as gold as the sun. Such of their bravery and goodness, they were beloved by nature, as if they were her own daughters. One faithful night, the moon and the sun blessed them with an extraordinary gift, that would change the magic of the valley forever. The Moon Pearls. From that moment on they were known as the Moon Princess and her Protector and loyal friend, the Guardian of the Sun. In the hands of the princess, the pearls gained the powers of the moon and in the hands of the Guardian, the beheld the powers of the sun.

Two ancient families, lived in harmony at the edge of the valley, sharing nature's bounty. Daughter of the De Noir clan, the Moon Princess fell deeply in love and was to be married to Sir Wrolf Merryweather, the elder brother of her close friend, The Guardian of the Sun or at the time known as the Angel of Light. Her father, Sir William De Noir blessed the union by presenting the couple with a rare black lion. This lion was fierce and loyal with gleaming red eyes and a large, black mane as dark as night. In turn, Sir Wrolf gave his bride a unicorn, breed from the wild, white horses of the sea. Then Sir Wrolf turned to his sister, the Angel of Light and the Guardian of the Sun. To thank her for being the one to bring him and the Moon Princess together, he presented her with beautiful, Gold and scarlet Phoenix burned and breed from flame and ash. Their hearts over-flowing with happiness, the Moon Princess and the Guardian of the Sun, revealed the magical Pearls to both showed the greed among a man's heart. Legend told of their unique power, so strong the pearls could grant every wish. Both good and Evil. The two women both truly believed in the goodness of all. But the men soon revealed what was hidden in their hearts. Each desperate to claim the power of the pearls for himself. Sir William De Noir, reached forward his greed over taking him, he took hold of the Pearls and with this the moon's magic took hold and he spoke his thoughts. He believed them to be the chosen ones, he wished for the Pearls to remain in their family, forever. The Moon Princess and Guardian could not believe their ears. Next, Sir Wrolf spoke and pressed the Moon Princess to make her home in Moonacre. Then Sir William forced Sir Wrolf's hand upon the moon pearls and with this his own truth. In his dark thoughts he believed with these pearls he could claim the whole valley for himself. Shocked by this reveal, the Princess locked the Pearls away once more in their chest as the Guardian of the Sun proclaimed that they belonged to nature and never them. The men then wrenched the casket from their hands and took the key along with it. They fought, ignoring the protests of the Princess and the Guardian.

Betrayed by those they loved the most, the Moon Princess, along with the Angel of Light unleashed the power that was bestowed upon them and cast a terrifying curse over them all. The De Noir clan took the casket, while Sir Wrolf secretly took the key. The curse was made because of their greed and actions against nature. They spoke of how the only way the curse could be broken was when a heart so pure and another heart so gold and full of love must be heard, for if they weren't, when the 5000th moon rises from the sea, the valley would be plunged into eternal darkness.

The Moon Pearls vanished that day and where to find them remained a secret.'

~GotS~ 

I slowly opened my eyes and took in my surroundings. I was laying comfortably on my bed in my large, red and gold room. The first thing that meet my eyes was my ceiling. Beautiful clouds and a calming blue sky. A flaming red pheonix was right up above my head. I smiled at it, this magnificent bird was always a sight to see every morning, one I never got tired of. It had long, red and gold feathers which almost seemed to be alight with flames. Its long proud neck and head was red with piercing but soft gold eyes. Most would feel uncomfortable at the painting staring down at you but I never did, I was felt like it was just protecting me. It felt natural to have it there. My large queen sized bed was positioned opposite the was made of beautiful ash wood which seemed to glow in the sunlight as it shone through the large doors across to the right of my room leading to my balcony. The bed was cover in red blankets and there was a large golden frame that stood around my bed which connected together at the top and along each top pole was a drape of gold fabric. There was a large, elegant ash desk against the left wall, next to it was a large fire place with a unicorn design. The fire wasn't lit but it would still rather room. Covering the walls were different images from the stories of Moonacre, I painted them so it was just how I pictured it. Looking to my right, towards the balcony there was a small plate of cookies and a glass of milk.