The Afformation of Preeminence

Thunder sounded and lighting once again lit the room. I groggily rubbed my eyes, wondering how long I have been out for. I looked around dark room and realized I was home safe. It must have been another dream.

I need to seriously stop having these nightmares. I hope that Lizzy and Tiffany didn't witness or see half of that dream!

I tried to focus on the room but the electricity must still be out. No candles were lit and an eerie black room suffocated my senses.

"Lizzy, Tiffany," I stammered, scared to speak in fear of hearing that evil voice once again. No answer came back and I now sat up off of my back and turned to scan the room.

"Tiff, Lizzy, what is going on you guys?" Still no answer came back.

Oh God, I hope they didn't see that dream and leave.

The thoughts raced through my head as I moved cautiously on my hands and knees looking for a candle and lighter. It had to be near the Ouija board we had just been using. Lightening again flickered through the room and illuminated the board with two nearby candles that had toppled over. 

Reaching over for the candles I luckily found the lighter close by. Lighting the wick the small flame grew slowly in the dark room, making a small circle of light. The Ouija Board once again caught my eye and I moved the candle closer. It had small symbols and letters that seemed to have been burned into the board itself.

What in the hell is that and where in the hell are my friends?

Fear began to overtake me and I could hear the slow thump of my heart beat in my ears.

Standing up, I held the candle in front of me and headed towards the bedroom door. With what little light the candle provided, I could see that things were strewn throughout my room, like a tornado actually came through here. As I reached the door I moved the candle back towards the bed where Tiffany and Lizzy had their bags, everything is still there.

Something is wrong and my stomach began to flutter. I opened the door and it creaked, echoing into the hallway. Tip toeing into the hall the boards also creaked as I moved lightly with each step. The candle brightened a small globe around me. Half of each side of the hallway lit up and I started to see the symbols yet again appear, etched on the wall.

I couldn't quite tell what they were, but as I moved down the hall the symbols became larger and more pronounced, making complete sentences. Nothing I could read. Stopping at the end of the all I turned and put the candle as close to the wall as I dared. Leaning in I tried to make out what the symbols said but could not. I ran my finger across the writing and the fine dark red liquid saturated my skin.

This is blood!

Sanity fled as fear yielded my senses, I cried out in the dark house. "Tiffany, Lizzy, Mom! Where are you guys?"

I began to cry as I moved down the stairs one at time. Symbols of pentagrams, devils and letters were marked all over. Handprints made a long line down the stairwell, as if someone had been drug down them.

The candle shook and the light danced off the walls as I reached the final step into the living room. Stepping down, my foot became instantly soaked and without even moving the light I knew what it was. A large puddle of blood splashed underneath my other foot. Standing still, I again called out for my friends and mother.

Guys, please be ok, please be ok.

I repeated over and over in my head as I walked into the living room. Taking another step forward I followed a bloody trail in the flickering candle light. It leads in the direction of the kitchen back into the dark abyss.