The Other

Based off the poem by Ted Hughes "The Other" go read it's awesome(:

~~~~

Self depracation can be healthy. A touch of hate to steady the nerves. Yet, all self deprecation has to start with something....

You didn't love her, you just didn't want to be alone. Maybe you liked what she did for your ego. Or maybe she made you feel better about your miserable life. But you didn't love her, because we don't destroy the ones we love.

Maybe you used her. I'm sorry, you DID use her. She had so much, so with a smile, you took some. Of everything she had, you had absolutely nothing. So of course, with gladness and foolish blind love, she gave you whatever you asked for. After a while, you had it all. You were the one to correct that hubris. Of everything she won, the happiness of it, was collected by your hunger, your need for approval. She didn't mind. In fact, she understood your need, for she had been in the same place many years before. It wasn't long, however, before you had enough. For some reason, you continued to drain her of life.

Her smiles began to appear faded, but you, entangled in your game, didn't notice she was dying. Like a crossed out paper tossed away without second thoughts, on behalf of the gods, someone had to change the lack of balance.

So you tore at her, ripping away her hopes and broken dreams. Words twisted their way out of your mouth and she had nothing left for defense. Slowly but surely, she was dead. However, you didn't notice until it was far too late. Only you saw her smile as she took some.

At first, just a little

A/N: Don't forget to vote, review, and recommend(: