Rich Girl - Chapter 4

I was confused. No, confused was an understatement. I seriously didn’t know what to do with myself. When Justin sees me, what should I do? Hug him? Glare at him? Sure, I didn’t like him nor did I want to spend the day at his house, but maybe he had a good heart. Fans liked him.

I wish I had fans.

Sighing, my eyes roamed to the trees that sped by in a blur as we cruised down the highway. First, I’d have to stay at his house for a few nights until they set out for the tour. Both sets of parents decided it would be best so we could break the ice that had been forming since our childhood.

“We’re here Ms. Jones.” Spoke the driver.

Whipping my head up, I became frightened.

“What? How? We were just on the highway!” Shouting, I refused his extended hand.

I wasn’t close to being ready for the meeting. My nerves started to tremble and sweat started to smear my tasteful make up. Pushing myself out of the seat, I reminded myself that I was Miranda Jones and no guy could faze me.

“Miranda!” Someone yelled, making me turn my head. To my huge surprise, Justin was jogging towards me. To an even bigger surprise, he was shirtless and…sweaty. This made my nose scrunch up in disgust. However, as he came closer, I got a better look of him. As I did that, my disgusted face dropped as it was replaced with a blush.

He had muscles, probably from a personal trainer. Golden hair fell down right above his sparkling green eyes. The eyes that sparkled with kindness, but immaturity. He was sexy.

“H-Hi Justin.”

Why did I just stutter?

“Sorry, I’m really sweaty, but I was shooting some hoops.” He gave me a celebrity smile.

“It’s really good seeing you.” I had an urge to hug him, but resisted.

“Good seeing you too.” A half smile raised and with no amount of force could I turn it down. What was happening to me? Get a hold of yourself!

I heard Eddie go and get my bags from the trunk.

"Oh, wow, you still have your own driver?” He said, but with more of shame for me than amazement. “Didn’t change, huh?”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I snapped.

No longer was I planning to drool over him.

“Nothing…” He trailed off, a wave of sadness crossing his strong features. “Let me show you inside!” Justin started again, pulling together some enthusiasm. I wasn’t sure if it was real or not, but I just went along with it.

Turning towards his house, I was struck with shock. And, not in a good way. It was average. Completely average. There was no difference between his house and any ordinary family. No fancy landscaping, gazebos, or extravagant pools. Just a simple and white two story house with dark green shutters. A few bushes were planted and I guessed that a small basketball court was built in the backyard.

“Not to your liking?” He questioned, catching me off guard.

“You’re rich, why don’t you have a mansion?” I fired at him, almost in rage.

With a completely calm face he let out a small laugh and took the bags from Eddie, shocking the both of us.Confused, I simply followed him through the front door and up some carpeted stairs. Somehow, he managed to carry all of my bags towards a door and manage to open it.

“Welcome to your new room!” He boomed, dumping all of my things on the floor.

“Careful with that! It’s expensive!” I shrieked, the thought of my many perfumes shattering made my skin crawl. Kneeling to my stuff, I searched through to make sure my perfume bag was still intact. Thankfully, it was. Once I stood up, I caught a glimpse of Justin rolling his eyes, but ignored it. Wow, he was sending quiet some mixed messages to me. Not that I was much clearer.