When?

Authors note: this story is non cannon to when Lucy and Erza met in the manga/anime. This is a AU story. There will also be some gender bending in this
Lucy POV

When was it that I fell in love with you? Was it when we first met?

I was sitting in a bar sipping at my drink, it was my first time in a lesbian bar so I was extremely nervous. I heard laughter behind me, I turned around and saw a girl with scarlet red hair. She was telling a story, I sighed and turned back, I finished my drink "another please" "put it on my tab" I turned to my left and I saw this scarlet beauty, she placed her drink next to me and sat down "your new here aren't you gorgeous?" I nodded, blushing "don't be nervous...we're all new here at one point in our lives" I turned and looked at her "so what are you called around here?" She chuckled "the names Erza but people call me the Knight" she pointed to the group she was with "the pink haired boy is Natsu, the black haired boy is Gray, the white haired girl is Mirajane otherwise known as the demon, the boy wearing blue cat ears is called Happy, the one next to him in the black ears in Pantherlily, the girl with black hair is Gajeel and the girl next to her with blue hair is Levy" I smiled sheepishly and waved, they all waved back "so which one is your girlfriend?" She laughed "none of them...I found myself single a few weeks ago...I was engaged to a girl called Jellal but it didn't work out" "I'm sorry" "don't be...it wasn't to last in the first place" she took a sip at her drink and took my hand "why don't you join us?" I nodded

Was it when you asked me out on a date?

I was sitting in the exact bar with Natsu and Levy a few months later, we had became close friends but Erza was no where to be found, I sighed and looked at my watch "she said she'd be here a hour ago...Erza is never late for anything" the door opened, Mira and Erza walked in. Mira had Erza by the ear and Erza was blushing furiously her hair matched the colour of her face "Lucy...Erza has something to say to you" I stood up and walked over to her "well-erm Lucy...I was wondering uh- if you would like to go on a date with me?" I smiled and nodded "yeah I would like that" Erza smiled back "Mira will you let go?" Please?"

Was it when you asked me to be your girlfriend?

Me and Erza had just came out of the cinema, we were seeing the latest craze Batgirl vs Superwoman (don't judge!) We walked to her car and drove to my house, Erza turned off her car and sighed "thank you for a great night Erza" I went to get out of the car "wait Lucy" I stayed in my seat "what is it?" "Will you go out with me?" My eyes pricked with tears "yes" she smiled and hugged me.

Was it when you asked me to marry you?

I sat in a restaurant, Erza was no where to be found. I sighed and went to leave when she came in, in a full tux she looked handsome "sorry I'm late babe...I had to run somewhere" we sat down and had dinner, we talked about our day and when dessert came Erza took my hand "I love you" "I love you too" I tucked in and I found a little glimmer at the bottom, I fished it out with my spoon and gasped. It was a ring "Lucy will you marry me?" I nodded and kissed her, she cleaned the ring and slipped it on my finger. We kissed then went home to bask in each others love and comfort.

When did I stop loving you? When I found you cheating on me?

I walked home from work early to surprise my wife of three years, I had bought dinner for the two of us and was excited since it was our three year anniversary of being married. I opened the door and entered the kitchen, I placed the bags of food on the counter and got plates, I dished out out portions and went to the bedroom where she'd be sleeping. I opened the door and gasped at the immediate sight I saw. I saw Erza kissing Mira, tears stung my eyes "E-Erza?" My voice was quiet, but she heard me. Her eyes widened and she shot out of bed...naked might I add "Lucy! It's not what it looks like!" She put on a bathrobe and came over to me, I pushed her away "don't you dare touch me!" I grabbed a suitcase and packed some stuff "Lucy..." I zipped it and pushed past her, I reached into my jacket pocket and pulled out a box "happy anniversary Erza" I walked out.

I never meant to hurt you

I came back a few weeks later, I opened the door and found the house quiet and clean. I entered the living room and found bottles of beer on the table, I entered the kitchen and found out of date food in the fridge, the cupboards everywhere. I stood outside the bedroom and gently walked in, I found Erza in bed sound asleep but she looked terrible. She had lost so much weight, her face stained with tears, she was asleep but occasionally her body was shake when she sobbed. I looked around and saw our picture of when we first met, underneath it was the necklace I gave her, I looked over and found my side of our bed undisturbed. I walked over to her and gently pushed her hair behind her ear, she stirred and looked at me "Lucy?" She sat up weakly "what are you doing here?" I sat next to her "I came here to talk to you...Erza are you ok?" She nodded and stood up, that's when I saw the true extent of her condition, there were marks on her body-self harm marks. She walked over to the chest of drawers where the picture was, she opened a drawer and pulled out a bit bag "I know this will be meaningless but here" she passed me the gift and left the room, I opened it and pulled out a teddy, there was a card and a box. I opened the card and sighed softly, I opened the box and gasped at the sight, it was the final key I've been looking for Aquarius, it was impossible to find this. I stood up and walked through to the living room where Erza sat with a small teddy I gave her when we started dating, it was dirty and broken like our marriage. She held it close her tears soaking into the material like a sponge, I sat next to her and placed a hand on her shoulder she flinched. She looked up at me and I saw fear and guilt, she passed me the teddy with shaky hands, she was giving me it back "I'm sorry Lucy I really am" i took the bear and she curled up into a ball on the other side of the couch., her face buried into her knees. She was frightened "how long has it been since you ate?" "A week or so" my eyes widened "Erza?" She smiled through the tears "don't worry Lucy...live you life don't worry about me" she began to sob silently, it broke my heart "why? Why did you cheat?" She shook her head "I don't know...it was the worst choice I ever made" she touched my hand but pulled away quickly. The girl was afraid to touch me. She lurched forward and was sick into a bucket that was next to her. She was sick of fear, worry and sadness. The girl was broken. I sighed "Erza...I'm with someone else now" I could see the last pieces of her heart break, she stood up and walked to the window "good...at least you'll be with someone that'll treat you like a princess, someone better then me" she fell to the floor. I picked her up bathed her, clothed her and placed her in bed. I made some soup and put a bowl next to her, I kissed the top of her bed and laid next to her.

I lied that day...we both knew it

I woke up sometime later, Erza had ate the soup and was cuddled into me. I smiled and tucked a hair behind her ear, she woke up and shot out of bed "Lucy! I'm sorry I didn't mean to! I just-I just wanted to be near you one last time!" She ran to the bathroom and threw up, she cried into the toilet bowl. I stood up and hugged her, she hugged back. I pulled away and drew her a hot bath, I helped her enter and began to gently wash her "let me heal you...your broken" she shook her head "no...your broken...you deserve someone to mend you...I don't" she cried into my shoulder before letting go and picking up the teddy that I had carried into the bathroom with me "promise me something...you'll give this to your kids and I promise you that I'll always remember you, as the girl I broke" she smiled sadly, got out, dried and dressed then climbed into bed. I couldn't bare it, my heart was going to burst, this girl needed me. She needed to be loved, she wanted the care, I knew she wouldn't last without me, I climbed in next to her and kissed her neck "I'll stay..."

Despite what we went through we're still as close as ever