1. Prolouge

Ruelle Wayland is the younger sister of Jace Wayland by a measly little year. Their mother died when they were very young and their father died when Ruelle was just 9 years old. Their father died because of The Circle's uprising but they were taken in by the Lightwoods and were raised in the New York Institute with many other Shadowhunters. The Waylands and the Lightwoods have since come to treat each other like siblings.

But don't get it twisted the Waylands are still very different from the Lightwoods. Alec Lightwood is Parabatai to Jace Wayland and Isabelle Lightwood is Parabatai to Ruelle Wayland.

You would think that Ruelle is just as narcissistic as her self-loving brother Jace but she is quite the opposite. In fact, the only thing they have in common is being a skilled soldier and being fueled by making it their life mission to seek revenge on the man who killed their father. Ruelle needs a set agenda, she follows rules and loves everything to be organized very unlike her older brother.

Everything takes a 360 when Clary Fray steps into their life. Clary makes the threats of Valentine and the use of the Mortal Cup a much bigger threat to the Institute but Ruelle promises herself that she would do anything to protect her family. That includes the Lightwoods.