5. This is What it Feels Like

We all absentmindedly followed Clary as she strutted down a random back ally.

"Slow down Clary," I called out, "where are we even going?" I asked her, afraid we might get ourselves caught in a trap.

"Last time I saw her, she was running into Pandemonium but--" Clary gasped as she felt her purple glowing necklace again. "Dot," she whispered in distress. "DOT!" Clary started running while I huffed in slight annoyance but followed her nonetheless. We ran after her and I soon saw the glowing sign of Pandemonium.

"Clary, Clary stop! Where are you going?" Jace called out while catching up with her.

"Two men," Clary started while out of breathe, "circle members th-the same ones who came to my house, who took my mom." She faced Jace, "they have Dot they're gonna hurt her o-or kill her we have to stop them!" Clary freaked out and ran straight into Pandemonium while all of us reluctantly followed suit.

Clary ran all the way into the back of the VIP section and stopped while whispering a 'no', Dot was no where to be found.

"She was just trying to help me." Clary looks towards us with tears rimming her eyes. She feels her necklace once again but this time, it wasn't glowing. "She's gone" Clary says sadly as she looks straight ahead with no emotion.

"Hey," Simon puts a hand on her shoulder, "I'm sorry."

"No you don't understand, Dot's like my big sister." She stares at us.

"It's not safe here," Alec pointed out, "we have to go back to the institute. Right now" he glares at Clary.

"I agree with Alec, we need to leave." I speak up.

"Oh now you agree." Alec rolls his eyes at me but I dismiss it. *look at gif now*

"So now what, Valentine has my mom and Dot. We're just going to give up?" Clary sounded annoyed, "what about my memories? They can't just be gone." She whispers the last bit.

Jace nods his head and looks towards us, "there is another option." We all knew what he was referring to as soon as he said it.

"No way"

"Absolutely not"

"Don't even"

Alec, Izzy, and I all say at the same time.

Jace crosses his arms over his chest, "I am not afraid of the silent brothers."

"Doesn't matter if your afraid or not, it's a bad idea, period." I snap at him.

"Who are the silent brothers?" Clary cuts in.

"Shadowhunters with superior powers." Jace explains.

"They posses the ability to recover memories." I add on.

"A process that can also kill you," Alec smirks, "so there is that." I swat Alec on his arm as he gives me a 'what did I do?' look to which I roll my eyes in response.

"Your bedside manner is abysmal." Simon smiles sarcastically at Alec.

Alec again rolls his eyes to the point where I am actually afraid they will get stuck, and turns to Jace, "We've broken at least eighteen Clave rules and now you want to go to The City of Bones? There is no way. I won't allow it." Alec says determinedly.

"This isn't our choice to make," Jace says as he looks at Clary. "This is Clary's decision."

"We can't ask her to do this!," Izzy says, "she doesn't know what she's facing."