Prologue

Welcome, welcome, to the prologue of my very first Sherlock fanfiction, and may your votes be forth coming. :D

~~~~~~~~

The lights around the room flickered as the shocked woman fell to her knees. She looked up at the man in front of her, seeing a pained look on his face. She thought she had known him better than this. His arm was still extended with the gun he had just shot her with. She could feel the warm blood cascading over her legs as it was emerging from her abdomen.

"Jim..." the woman muttered, staring up at him with her misty dark brown eyes. "Wha- what did I do wrong?" she had a deeply hurt tone to her voice as she looked up at the man she thought she loved at one point.

He crouched down in front of her, gently resting his hand on her cheek. "You didn't do anything wrong, Dani," he hung his head for half a minute, hiding the tears sliding down his face now, when he looked back up, he tapped her cheek lightly. "but that's why I had to do this."

He bit his lip as he watched the tears pour silently down her warm face, he leaned in and planted a kiss on her cheek, and then he stood up, turning to the door, he ran the cuff of his sleeve under his wet eyes.

A low thump sounded behind him, made him glance back as he stood in the doorway, she was now laying down on the floor, he could see a pile of blood forming around her. In spite of himself, he smiled. "I am sorry, Dani."

A/N

—————

Okay, so this is the short and slightly strange prologue to the first Sherlock story, excluding one-shots, that I have done. :) I hope you enjoy it, I kinda wish I did more, but this works best for the rest of the story.

And I'm posting this cause It is my birthday gift for everyone here. :D

Thanks for looking into this! :)

~ Mars