<6> London again.

The window of the flat across the street from 221B was pulled open as the woman inside stared out of it, she had been watching the house for over a week and had yet to see anything to set her off yet, but she still kept her eyes open. She knew she had been there several times and even saw her once or twice, she also knew that they had to slip up at some point and she would be waiting when they did.

- - - - - -

Jareth sat at the table in the morning, by the time that he and Farica came home the night before, his mother was out; so he and Farica had gone to bed instead of waiting up for her to tell her about his meeting. He was listening to the news and waiting for either his mother or daughter to come down. He looked around the small room full of things that reminded him of his younger years, but mostly it reminded him of his sister. He never remembered how much he missed her till something was staring him in the face, things like her favourite cup, or the chair she used to shove him out of when he would come back smelling after a run. He had known that he wouldn't be able to avoid his sister at this house, but he never thought it would be so many things.

Standing up from his chair, he walked over to the stove and stirred the food he was making, he remembered a day when his sister had come back from her best friends house, it was a little past her seventh birthday. She came in with tears in her eyes, claiming that she never wanted to go back, she never wanted to see that friend again. Being a four year old he had thought it would be horrid to never see a friend again and got mad at her, saying that she was being the meaner one by saying that she never wanted to see her friend again. The two of them had gotten in a rather large fight that ended in the oldest brother stepping in and making them stop. Jareth remembered how mad he had been at both of his siblings then and now both of them were gone.

He looked over at an old picture taped to the refrigerator. It had three little children, the oldest was a boy, he was holding the hand of one of the other children and grinning from ear to ear, the child he was holding the hand of, had no smile on his face and looked rather ill, his skin was paler and much less smooth than the older boy. The little girl sitting in front of them had a perfect little shy smile on her face, but her eyes held sorrow in them. Jareth had never seen her without that look in her eyes, she always had that look when he was in the room, he hated that just looking at him stirred so many things that he knew she wanted to forget.

The sounds of feet on the stairs stole his eyes from the picture, he looked towards the door but no one came, he thought it might have just been his imagination, but it had seemed to be there. He walked over to the doorway and looked around it, he saw no one, but a pair of little shoes, about Farica's size. He knew they didn't belong to her, they had been his, when he was much younger and someone else before that. They were blue with small penguins drawn on the sides of them. A small smile came over his face as he took a seat on the bottom of the stairs. Holding the small objects full of memories in his hands, he cursed to himself and wiped a tear from his eye, thinking that getting a hotel nearby might have been a better idea than confronting so many things from his past.

He stood and turned, tossing the shoes to the side and heading to grab a jacket form the door, he needed to get out of the house, now. He had pulled on his coat and was about to pull the door open when he heard his mothers voice from behind him. "Are you really going to run away from this again?" he slowly turned to face her, she held the small shoes in her hands as she walked down the last few steps, as silently as she had come down the rest.

"Did you put them on the steps?" he asked, turning his eyes from them and looking at his shoes. The thoughts running in his head made him wonder why she would do that, was she trying to hurt him? to make him remember that she was the only living relative he had left?