Chapter 1: Strange Dreams

Sun yawned as she stretched. "Oh boy, what a dream I had!" she mewed to another loner. "Get on with it, then!" he meowed grumpily, wishing she hadn't waken him up. "Don't be so grumpy, River!" she meowed. He rolled his eyes and sat up. "Well, some cat I've never met before came to me in my dream. She had a starry pelt and glimmering eyes. She must have been a dead cat, but it would be rude to ask. Anyways, she said, you and your friends' destinies lay farther away than you have ever been. I seem to understand in the back of my head, but I can't understand right now." River looked more interested now, but he also looked confused. "Eh, we'll understand sooner or later," River meowed. "Oh, wow! It's nearly sunhigh!" Sun gasped. River looked shocked. "I want to travel farther ahead than here. I'm getting tired of that dog's yapping!" meowed Sun. "You're not going anywhere without me, Sun," River teased. She rolled her eyes and sprinted ahead. "Hey, wait for me!!" called River.  He caught up and she slowed down for him. They were already so far from where they had been that they couldn't see it anymore.  "Let's rest here tonight," meowed Sun. "Don't get too cozy, this might not be a forever home," she added.  She had the same dream every night after that, each one more clear. They continued walking until they heard cats approaching. "Quick! Hide!" whispered Sun. They each jumped in opposite directions, landing in small bushes. "Do you smell something, Grasspaw?" asked an unfamiliar voice. After a pause, another voice answered, "Yes!! I smell two unfamiliar cat scents.. They don't smell like Clan cats......" The other voice then meowed, "Hmm.. You're right." Then Sun heard the two cats  approaching her and River. The smaller one was coming for her. Then the cat sprang at her and yowled, "I found her!" The other cat meowed, "I did too." Then the older cat said, "Where have you two come from?" Sun glanced at River. "Not too far."  The younger cat glanced at the older one and the older one said, "Lets see what Brightstar says."