Chapter 6: Out of the Shadows

Goldenpatch gathered the apprentices behind him. Then Brightstar meowed, "Who are you?" Then the creature stepped out, revealing himself to be a large, scarred black tom. "I am here for Sun and River," he hissed. "Why do you want them!?" Hissed Moonglow. Brightstar flicked her tail, signaling for her to be quiet.  The mysterious cat sneered and meowed, "If I told you mouse brains, you would never let me have them!" Dawnpaw was shocked. How could he have found them? No... Please no... Riverpaw was equally as shocked. He stood there silent, eyes wide. Brightstar turned and nodded at her warriors that it was time to fight. The black tom leaped up into the tree above, yowling, "I will take them when you least expect it!" Goldenpatch turned and looked at the apprentices. "Do you know that cat?" he asked. Dawnpaw put her paws on her muzzle, attempting to evade the question. Goldenpatch sighed and asked riverpaw the same question. "He.. He's..... My father...." The words barley made it out of Riverpaw's mouth. Goldenpatch looked shocked and confused. "What?!" He meowed. Riverpaw nodded. Dawnpaw sat up and stammered, "He.. He can't be trusted.." Brightstar was scanning the trees, making sure he was gone.