Chapter 3: Apprentice

"What?" Sun and River gasped at the same time. Brightstar's eyes clouded with worry, and she then meowed, "You don't have to, I mean, this may not be for y-" Then Sun interrupted, "Of course!!!" Brightstar looked up at her, shocked. "Well, we've been traveling for a long time now, and we can hardly catch prey, so we are in need of a home." Sun mewed. The leader looked at her deputy, and he nodded. Brightstar sat down and strongly meowed, "Welcome to ThunderClan." 

                                              o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o

   "May all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the Highledge!" Brightstar's powerful yowl echoed through the camp. All the cats gathered around."We have some new additions.." she mewed gesturing Sun and River forward. Sun and River have proved that they are a welcomed addition to ThunderClan. Goldenpatch sat by Grasspaw, his eyes filled with hope. Then Brightstar continued, "They will become apprentices. But, their names shall be changed." She glanced at Sun, and meowed, "Sun, you have surprised us, and you deserve this." she then meowed the traditional words, "Sun, from this day forward, until you earn your warrior name, you will be called Dawnpaw. Your mentor will be Liontail." The leader gazed warmly that them, and then meowed, "River, from this day forward, until you earn your warrior name, you will be named Riverpaw. I will be your mentor." Riverpaw and Dawnpaw shared excited glances as everyone yowled their approval. And may StarClan light your paths...