Chapter 2: The Decision

Sun, River, and the other two cats walked until they reached a bramble thicket. "Where are we? My paws hurt!" River moaned.  "Welcome to the mighty ThunderClan!" said the younger cat triumphantly. "By the way, I'm Grasspaw." she said. "Hi, I'm Sun, and this is River," Sun said. "Hello, and welcome," said the older cat. "I am Goldenpatch," he greeted. He gestured with his tail for them to follow, and they reached a certain spot and started hearing chatter. "Ah, hello, Goldenpatch, Grasspaw. Who do we have here?" a she-cat mewed. "Oh, sorry Brightstar. These are loners. He pointed with his tail at Sun and said, "This is Sun-" then he pointed at River and mewed, "and this is River." Brightstar nodded and meowed, "Hello, and welcome to ThunderClan. I am their leader, Brightstar." She sat down in front of them and mewed, "Sorry for asking, but can you please show us some, uh, fighting moves?" Sun and River looked at each other in confusion and meowed together, "What for?" Brightstar hesitated, then mewed, "Well, you'll see.." Brightstar looked nervous. "Well, alright I guess," Sun meowed. Sun was not familiar with fighting. the only time she fought was when a small dog attacked her and River. But River had no clue what to do, so he pounced on a leaf and clawed it to pieces. "Not bad! Now Sun, can you show us your moves?" Brightstar mewed. Sun nervously stood up, but then wiped the nervous look off her face and pounced on River, claws sheathed, and swatted at his stomach.  "Hey!!!" River hissed.  Sun smiled, amused. Then Brightstar meowed, "Wow! That was really good for a loner! Especially at your age!" Brightstar mewed.  "thank you," Sun meowed. Brightstar called Foxtail and whispered a private conversation with him. When they were done, Brightstar nodded to Foxtail and mewed to Sun and River, "Will you join ThunderClan?"