fun

I awoke with a gasp and sat up quickly. My head pounded in pain and the rest of my body ached from my struggle against myself. The wave of dizziness made me hold my head and shake it groggily, as if to rid myself of nausea. When the spots stopped dancing in my vision I took in my surroundings. I was in the medical bay, how I got here and how long I was out, I have no clue.

Then I heard the door open, and in walked Robin. He looked at me, obviously surprised that I was awake and rushed across the room to the bed.

As he stopped in front of my bed, Robin exclaimed with a worried look, "Jaguar, what happened back there!? You were find then you just up and fainted!"

I laughed nervously while rubbing the back of my head. "Don't worry about it, it was probably just shock. That, and I haven't slept much lately."

"If you insist." Robin said in doubt, but thankfully didn't question further.

I swung my legs over the side of the bed and slowly stood. "See? I'm fit as a violin." I said with a smile, proud of my use of English sayings.

Robin face palmed. "Jaguar... It's... That's not... " he sighs, "The saying is 'fit as a fiddle', not violin." he explains with a small, amused chuckle.

"What's the difference?" I asked with the tilt of my head.

"Alliteration." he smiles.

"Oh. Noted." I shrugged. Hey, ya can't blame me for trying. I mean really, English is such a weird language.

He chuckles again. "Come on, let's go to the main room. The team is worried." He turned and walked away as I followed him through the door and to the main room. The rest of the team were doing their normal activities, but I noticed they were a little tense as they did them.

"It was just a fluke, guys. No need to worry." Robin announced and they all looked at us and visibly relaxed. So, I guess they do care.

I smiled under my mask and sat on the couch next to Connor who was watching the static. Maybe, just maybe, this whole friends thing could work out.

------------------------------------------------------
The next morning
------------------------------------------------------

I've been thinking about it all night, and have decided that the best way to start trying to free the the jaguar cub spirit would probably be to embrace it more.

So here I am, sitting on the couch curled up in my jaguar form. I sighed. This is more boring than expected. I stood up and stretched, jumping off of the couch. Connor didn't look away from the static from where he sat on the couch as well. He never questioned my current form. Megan was in the kitchen as the usual.

I began to trot around, with such short legs you don't get around to quickly just walking. I think I'm going stir crazy again.

Then the zeta beam rung out, announcing the arrival of kid flash, Who ran in and almost tripped on me. I hissed in warning at him and ran to the kitchen to watch Megan. Better to be there than underfoot.

"What was that all about?" I heard Wally ask superboy, Who grunted it response.

Wally grumbled in annoyance and came into the kitchen as well. "What'cha up to sweet cheeks?" he flirted. I rolled my eyes. What a doof.

"Today I'm baking muffins!" Megan exclaimed with a cheerful smile. Hm, muffins, there's a first. Wally smiled and made another half witted comment before getting a cup and walking over to the refrigerator to pour some type of soda into it. He opened the freezer and grabbed a handful of ice cubes. Before he could drop them all into the glass though, one fell onto the floor. He stepped back to get it, accidentally kicking it which sent it across the floor to slide to a stop in front of me.

Something within me took over as I curiously touched it a few times with my paw, sending it a few inches. Then I swatted it and sent it skittering sideways. I lost control to instincts and scampered after it.

As soon as it slowed enough, I pounced on it, only for it to shoot back the direction I came. I spun around with a frustrated growl and sunk to my haunches, My tail flicking behind me. I slowly crept up to the now motionless ice cube, this time when I pounced I grabbed the ice with my claws and bit into it.

The shattering of the ice cube and the cold of it in my mouth startled me back to reality. I shook my head fiercely and padded back to where I sat originally as if nothing had happened.

I missed Megan's amused look and wally's mischievous one.

Wally sped off to the zeta beams, only to come back 5 minutes later with robin. By then I had moved back to the living room. Yeah, I'm restless. Superboy had also gone and I lay alone on the couch.

I ignored the zeta beam when it announced Wally and robin's arrival.

I lazily opened one eye a minute later, stretching, and sat up. Is it possible to die of boredom? If so, I'm in serious danger of it.

That's when I noticed the red thing on the floor.

I tipped my head slightly to the side and leaned forward to examine it better. It was nothing special, just a minute red dot on the floor. Thing is, it kinda stuck out on such a clean floor.

I jumped off the couch in front of the dot. I reached my paw out, about to touch it, when it moved. I jumped back, startled.

After a brief hesitation, I crept toward it again. As I got closer the dot leapt forward and I growled and gave chase. It darted everywhere and I scampered after it, every once in awhile sliding across the floor, trying to gain purchase. The dot ran up the wall about ten feet and I unsheathed my claws and leapt onto the wall, climbing straight up it. I stopped climbing the wall when the dot disappeared, I looked around, it was gone.

I leapt away from the wall, landing on my feet, and scanned the room for the dot. I finally spotted it and once again gave chase. I may or may not have fallen several times during the chase...

A few minutes later I stood panting, facing the dot that sat on the lower part of the backrest on the couch. I crouched down, getting ready to leap on top of the dot. I jumped at it with a fierce growl, but was startled when the dot suddenly disappeared. I tried to stop my jump midair but failed horribly and instead catapulted head first in between the couch cushions.

For a second I was stunned, but then I realized how dark it was around me and where I was. I struggled and scrabbled with my legs, trying to get out, but to no avail. I went limp in the couch and whimpered in distraught, wriggling around and trying to get free.

Then I heard snickers behind me and I let out an distressed yowl, wanting them to get me out of this death trap.

The giggling subsided and I felt two hands grab under my chest and back. They pulled me out of the dark pit and cradled me (probably mockingly) like a baby.
"Aww, did wittle jaggy get stuck in the couch? How adorable." Robin cooed at me in baby talk. I growled in annoyance and batted at his face with sheathed claws. To my relief, he put me down, and my tail curled between my paws in slight shame.

Kid flash was behind Robin, obviously trying to hold in laughter. He was holding something silver and shiny. It only took me a second to figure out what it was.

Laser pointer.

I growled warningly at them again then stormed back into the kitchen to watch Megan. I heard them burst out laughing in the background.

Those jerks.

Anywho, about the story, is it too slow paced? I feel like it is...

~sayonara