Oneshots

SURPRISE!!! I'm not dead! Take that all you demons! You'll never take me, not when I'm still kickin'. Anyway, school is awful and all I do after school now is the homework and stress. The schedule won't work anymore. Boo ho. Instead, I'll be updating whenever possible. Mostly on school breaks and a couple weekends. The winner of the genre pick was hurt/comfort by a landslide, family coming in second. I'm actually gonna do that next chapter. This chapter will be a bit more light hearted after that last mission, then next chapter (also the last chapter) will be... what's the word... angsty again. I'm tellin' y'all now, shits 'bout ta hit the fan.

Also, SISTER LOCATION HYPE!!!!

Have fun with this small update. Its basically several humor/family oneshots stringed together.

Layla's POV

I groaned softly as I slowly gained consciousness. At first I groggily looked at my surroundings, yawning in boredom. Then I realized I didn't recognize anything. My half mast eyes shot open and my eyes darted around quickly, taking in every detail of the area. The room appeared to be a living room. I sat on the floor, propped up against a recliner. The other five team members were also spread out around the room. Robin lay sideways in the recliner above me, head and legs hanging off both sides in a seemingly uncomfortable position. There was also a couch in the room. Megan lay curled up on one end while Artemis slept sitting upright on the other. Wally was sprawled out sleeping on the top of the couch's backrest. He looked about ready to fall. Connor slept face-down on the coffee table. It didn't look even slightly comfortable, but whatever floats your boat.

I wish Robin was awake to hear me say that. He would be very proud that I know that phrase. I am also pretty sure I said it correctly.

I stood up silently as to not wake the others. There was a door just to the right of the living room, located where the carpet ended. I tried to ignore the old, rusty red drag streaks in the carpet, but it's difficult, knowing they were more than likely made when Camo Man was getting rid of Mikey's body.

I need some fresh air, I though with a sigh. I walked across the living room and to the door. Upon opening it, I saw it was still pretty dark. The morning sun had yet to rise.

I stepped out into the cool morning air, silently shutting the door behind me. Closing my eyes, I relished in the lavishing fresh air. There was a slight breeze, and I shivered in delight at the cold feel of it on my skin. It is a truly invigorating experience.

I opened my eyes when I heard a metal squeak to my right. I am standing on a slightly rotting wooden porch, and when I look to the source of the noise, I see Mikey. He is sitting on a wood porch swing that is attacked to overhanging roof by slightly rusted, metal chains. He is staring out over the pond while the breeze makes the swing sway slowly back and fourth.

I walk up to where he I sitting, "May I join you?" He nods once without looking up, and without further hesitation, I sit next to him on the still swaying swing. We sit in a comfortable silence for a moment or two.

"When did you wake up?" I ask suddenly, not really knowing why. I just want to talk to my new friend.

"I don't sleep." He whispered.

"Oh," I stated, "Do you miss it...? You know, being human?"

The boy sat for a few minutes, thinking of how he should answer, "Yes, I do sometimes, I especially miss my parents, but that all in the past now. I must make the best of here and now. It will get lonely at times, but I will be content helping lost travelers. I am glad they will be able to live to see another night now that Camo Man is gone."