There will be no waiting.

As I dazed out the window into the night I still couldn't fathom what was really happening to me. Again, he was after me again. What was so special about me? Why couldn't he just leave me alone, hadn't he ruined my life enough the first time around. Now I had dragged the innocent girl playing 'Tiny wings' on her iPhone next to me into this mess. If it wasn't for Jess he would have had me, he was so close I could taste it and now I was running, once again away from normal life.

As the expensive SUV made a sharp turn to the left, stopping at metal gates leading towards a huge mansion house the only thought that was running through my mind was I must be the unluckiest girl in the world.

As the gates opened the car bound upwards into the mouth of a garage.

"Well this is my humble abode, it's definitely not as big as our other houses but it's more secure. We've got a lockdown mode fit for a zombie apocalypse, so I completely doubt one man's reign of terror will do little against this getup." Jess flashed a wide grin which I didn't reciprocate.

Giving me a sad smile she placed her hand over mind.

"Listen, I know right now it may feel like the end of the world a bit. I get nervous and try to make a joke out of the situation, I'm scared too Aurora. Not for myself but for you. You'll be safe here until the police find Mark, Jeff has contacted them and he's here to keep us safe until they capture that sick asshole."

"I know Jess, I'm so grateful for the help you've given me, even though I don't know why you've helped me this much, I mean we've only known each other for a couple days and you've done all this for me. You're like my guardian angel or something. I guess I'm just trying to say thank..."

Shaking her head, Jess gave me a quick hug.

"Don't thank me, we aren't out of the wood just yet. Come on, let's go inside so I can give you a tour. It's got eight bathrooms and a cinema room you know." Looking like the Cheshire cat, she sent me a cheeky wink and hopped out the car.

What was the need for eight bathrooms I'll never know.

*

Mark POV

Pacing up and down the room, I had never felt so much anger. It was boiling inside me waiting to be released, that stupid bitch. Did she really think she could take Aurora away from me? She was mine, she always has been. Put on this earth for the sole purpose to please me and only me.

It wasn't hard finding information on the prissy imbecile, my private investigator had taken care of that. Giving details on the background of her and her very rich family I couldn't quite believe I had let this child outwit me.

"Her family have several houses across Europe however, only two are based within this country. One beach house near Devon and the other a country mansion in a rural area close to the Cotswolds. I would make a safe bet that they are probably in the mansion house but security will probably be top of the line Mark. It'll be dangerous to act so soon; she can't wait there forever. You must wait..."

Grabbing the scruff of his shirt and pinning him to the wall, I could feel his body shaking with fear.

"There will be no waiting Andrew. Do you really think I'm going to let her get away from me, that she can keep running from me? Trying to get help from every tom, dick and harry she comes into contact with."

Andrew shook his head profusely while looking into my eyes as his breathing started to even.

"No, she can't. The more she runs, the more I'll chase and the more people that'll die on the fucking way. She really is starting to drive me crazy, but I would be lying if I said I didn't love it."

Slowly letting him go, I smoothed his shirt down and gave him a once over.

"Have you made arrangements and got the things I need?"

"There's a car outside. If the police are onto you they won't be able to track you, the car is registered to an associate of mine. He knows nothing and the stuff you asked for is in the boot, once you have the girl the proper arrangements have been made. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. If you need anything else just call, I've left a phone for you in the car."

Andrew looked uneasy and lowered his head to the floor.

"Mark, are you sure about this? If you get caught I won't be able to help you."

Looking Andrew straight in the eye, it was hard to believe the man was in his late 50's. He had helped my father out of tough situations, especially cleaning up after him when he had murdered my mother. Andrew was more than a private investigator, he was the closest I could have to a friend and had served my family well over the years.

"You'll be payed accordingly from my offshore bank account and then the rest when I get away with Aurora."

Handing me the keys to the car downstairs he nodded. As I turned my back to walk towards the stairs, I stopped and glanced back.

"Thank you Andrew, my father would have been pleased with you."

With that I bound down the stairs towards the Mercedes. Opening the boot of the car, I zipped open the duffle bag to take a look inside. Running my hands over the Beretta and S&W Sigma, it would be the perfect silent partner. Quick and quiet. Andrew had also added a few hand and smoke grenades with my trusty chloroform. It would take a few hours to reach her and I would have to wait until the cloak of darkness but I was ready.

Let's get this show on the road.

*************************************
So the video? Nothing to do with the musketeers but the only way I could find and add the song. But the music goes perfectly with this chapter. My favourite part of the song? Is 1 minute 30 and onwards. It has so much feeling and sort of shows me cat (Mark) and mouse (Aurora) playing in my mind :)

This chapter was a bit of a boring one I know but I had to make it that way as all the action will be in the next chapter, please don't hate me lol. I've got something up my sleeve which you will all hopefully love. I will be updating hopefully middle of this week if not end of the week so keep an eye out. Please leave comments and likes as it shows hopefully I'm writing a half decent story :)