Chapter Two

Caden.

"You tell him that I will rip him apart," I yelled. "With my damn teeth if he sets foot in here!" I added. Nick winced as I yelled. "Cay, all he wants is to join the pack." He replied, trying to be calm. I folded my arms and stood up behind my desk "And all I want is to go out and hunt all day. But that's not gonna happen, is it?"

Nick sighed and ran his hand through his short brown hair. "Caden, c'mon. He's a nice guy -"

"He's a rogue."

He sighed "Well, yea, but he can't hurt us! Have you seen how skinny he is? Only about 100 pounds. He's a kid."

I eyed him and then stepped around my desk and made my way over to him so we were nose to nose. "If he steps out of line just once, I will murder him myself." I warned in a low voice. "With no warning, got it?"

Nick swallowed "Yeah, man. Got it." He said. I know my Beta and best friend should be the last person who would be scared of me but it really wasn't my fault I couldn't control my anger.

Then I stepped aside from him, hands deep in my front jeans pocket and walked out of my Alpha office and back into the Pack House. At once, I felt the sudden nervous energy of everyone in the pack as soon as I stepped in. I had no reason to care anymore.

I went straight to the kitchen where everyone froze and lowered their eyes immediately. "Four pancakes, maple syrup, orange juice and some fruit." I barked. All the families stood stock still, none of them daring to move. I turned my palms up and raised my hands "What? Go!"

That's when they all snapped into action and rushed about like little wind up mice. I rolled my eyes and then extended my hand out, as I heard the guy who I'd assigned as my mailboy. Quick as a flash a stack of mail was dropped in my hand.

I flicked through them "Boring, boring, don't care, boring, weak pack, boring," I commented as I flicked through each one

"Oh hey, this looks interesting! Oh nevermind - boring."

I felt someone over my shoulder, I turned and it was Tillie, a young teen Were who had just recently been mated. She held my cup of orange juice in one hand, trying not to shake, and set it down on the table in front of me. Then she clasped her hands together and cleared her throat. "Actually, Alpha, that's an invitation to the Winter Stones pack where all the Alpha families all over get together." She informed me. I smiled at her widely as I held the letter "Wow!" I said. Once her face lit up with a smile, I dropped mine and gave her the letter. "Bin it." I ordered. Her face dropped "But Alpha -"

"I said, bin. It." I said slower. She lowered her eyes again. "Yes, sorry, Alpha." She said scuttled away. I sighed and turned around to go into my own dinning room. Of course, I had to be separate from the rest of the pack. I sat at the table, my head in my hands. "How did you let it get to this, Cay?" I thought out loud.

"Gee, I honestly don't know."

I looked up to see Nick and his brother Logan walk in with their breakfast plates. I glared at Logan. "You shouldn't be in here." I growled at him. Logan rolled his eyes and ruffled my hair with his free hand. "Sorry, baby, I'll remember for next time."

Then he set his plate down and turned his chair the wrong way around so his chest was pressed against the back of the chair. Nick took a seat beside me and started eating his full English breakfast. I scoffed "I don't know what country you think you're in, dude."

He picked up some bacon with two fingers "Cor blimey! I'll have you know my ancestors are of British descendant."

I pushed him. "Only your mom, idiot."