Chapter 15 - The Shocking Confession

After the event with the pirates and me shooting myself on deck, I was taken back from being in Reaver's service to spending most of my time in his cabin. He never exactly told me why, he kept me enclosed in, most likely due to the fear that came with the spirits that were apparently in these waters. Reaver would come to see me most times, he wouldn't leave me alone for more than an hour, but, it was odd. He'd finally said that he had feelings for me, which I found horrifically hard to believe, but it still amused me. Days must've gone past and the ship wouldn't stop almost capsizing, there was definitely something wrong with these waters. I had a deep feeling inside that our trip was coming to an end and that soon enough there was going to be a climax to our life's together. Soon enough, we began to pull into a lonely and empty port, we had arrived.

"Ah yes what a glorious port! It has all the free space and no regular peasants how delightful!" I heard in Reaver's voice from the deck and I opened up the door of the cabin to see him on deck as most of the servants were running from the ship to the port, carrying things.

"Is this it?" I asked him as he looked over his shoulder to me, flashing me a smile.

"What do you mean 'Is this is'? This is a port of treasures and hope!" He said as he turned back around and went for the plank that was connecting his ship to the dock, and he casually walked off the ship, pushing servants as he went. I slowly followed after him, picking up a few things on deck and carrying them to give that servant appeal. Just like before in Bloodstone but in reverse, us servants were carrying things from the ship to the land, leaving them be as those big men from before hounded us into a circle just as Reaver (once again just like last time) swooped in and grasped me from the arrangement of people as Emily smiled at me from within.

"You'd make a fine servant. Are you sure that after all of this that you do not wish to serve me?" He asked me in a calm tone, obviously sarcastically but it still made me tick a little.

"Reaver I am literally the Queen of the country." I say as a counter, and he shrugs his shoulders as if to say 'That's too bad' or 'I wish I cared'. Something arrogant I'm sure.

Just as we spoke, a man from before in the group ripped me away from him by the arm, but as Reaver's back was turned, he couldn't tell.

"Get away from the master, slave!" He yelled at me just as he threw his stick across my face, smacking me. If I wasn't a hero, that probably would've hurt a lot, but it still threw me to the floor. Reaver then turned just as the man raised his cane up again to hit me. I saw Reaver clench his fist, hard. He stood there watching me for a moment, but I knew there was nothing he or I could do. We still had to play this act that I was a regular slave and not in fact the Queen of Albion. Ridiculous, but still. And yet, I could reveal my identity at any point and falter his plan, why do I care enough to not? Oh yes, because he blackmailed me. I thought for a second that I was becoming too used to his company.

"Uh, leave that girl alone! She's...uh, had enough?" Reaver yelled over to the man that was still continuing to beat me, and he gave a grumble before stepping away from me as everyone began to whisper to each other. Never before had anyone probably seen Reaver actually helping another. How interesting.

"Uh..." He was stuttering, it was almost funny.

"Stop looking at me you useless peasants, if you don't move I'll have your heads on a brass pipe you hear me?"

As he said that, everyone scrambled and went in a forwards direction and around a corner, being escorted by the men. Reaver stood there for a moment, his hands on his hips as he watched everyone leave as I sat on the floor with a bit of a frown. I mean, it didn't hurt, I just felt degraded. Just then, as everyone had left around the corner, he walked up to me with a smile.