Chapter 16 - Reaver's Point Of View

I quickly got up from where I sat and I made my way towards the door to see that Reaver was not there, which made me think that he must understand the direness of the situation. He must've really ran, still a funny sight to me. I got out of the cabin and I made my way towards the edge of the ship, where the plank was already broken, and I jumped from the ship to the dock as I remembered what Emily said to me a while ago.

"Take your heels off, they might get caught and they'll be harder to run in. Leave your apron behind, it'll get caught and keep your hair up okay?"

I recalled what she had said, and I followed her instructions, kicking off my heels to the side, taking off my apron and making sure my hair was secure before I made my way around the corner on the dock to see...no-one was actually there. I crept for a moment, unsure if an attack was looming, but as I walked on the creaking planks of the dock, no-one came out to me. It was as if everyone just disappeared.

"Reaver?" I called out into the empty dock as my voice echoed around the wooden, empty structure. I went to walk a bit more, until I was suddenly gripped from behind me, and I began to struggle as the sound of low, ghostly laughter surrounded me.

"It's that maid girl from before! She isn't dead!" I heard from the familiar voice from one of the ghost pirates from the ship before. I couldn't even think, I just wanted to know where everyone was.

"Let me go!" I yelled out to them as I was being held, even although I knew I had no chance of getting free from their grasp just as a ghostly, green like smog began to come to me. I was almost sure that this smog would kill me, and I screamed as it stopped just by me and slowly became a person.

So, the legends were true.

Captain Dredd.

The pirate king, the king of the ocean, stood in front of me and glowing in a deep green colour as pirates also glowing green surrounding me from left to right as one held me from behind.

"Where is the rest?" I yelled at the pirate king as he gave me a hearty laugh, seemingly amused by my struggles.

"The rest? My, they're all dead, lass!" He said to me as the rest of the pirates chuckled and laughed, just as one came right up to my face, throwing a piece of fabric my way. It took me a minute, but then I realised what he'd thrown to me...Reaver's cravat.

"You must be joking..." I muttered to myself as the pirate who held me dropped me as if expecting me to feel utter fatigue when I saw his cravat and I fell to my knees, my heart racing.

Was I honestly the only one left?

"Take her to the ship!" Captain Dredd yelled out to his men as I was picked back up and was beginning to be dragged back to the ship, accepting my fate of being the only one left and being most likely lead to my death.

Then, a voice.

"Your majesty?!" I heard being yelled out from afar off the dock, and I spun my head to see Reaver, who looked a little battered, off in the distance.

They lied, he's alive!

Immediately, my liking for life suddenly coming back to me, I began to struggle hard as he made his way over to me quickly as could be...just as green smog approached him from behind, turning into a ghostly person just behind him. I would've called out, but...it was too late. Before I could speak out to him to warn him, or to even manage to scream, a ghostly sword was jammed through his back and out the front of his chest. He stumbled for a moment, his eyes opened wide and wild, and he fell over onto his face harshly, a crack sounding as he obviously broke it. I began to scream his name over and over, but he didn't move, he just...lay there. It didn't even look like he was breathing.