undeviginti

"I'm apologizing for earlier," he said as he stood on my doorstep holding what I assumed to be a bag of sake.

I recoiled immediately, scrunching my nose distastefully. "Sorry, I don't drink."

I was about to close the door, but he stuck his foot out before it could slam in his face.

"I call this trespassing," I bit out indignantly.

"It's kimbap," he pointed out almost immediately, making my already raised brows shoot straight to my hairline.

With a huff, I tried to shut the door on his foot as if the mere act would make him and his foot dematerialize from thin air, but with a disappointed sigh, I stepped aside and let him through. The bags crinkled against his thigh as I shut the door behind us.

I scooted around him, so that I could go ahead and set things up, but he had other plans.

The moment he opened the bag, there were already chopsticks, paper plates, and napkins at the top of the plastic container.

I sat down defeated, and add more to the surprise, he slid a stack of papers over which happened to be Te Amo.

"Rule number one," he said, setting out his plate and mine. "never forget your papers."

He then rummaged around for the chopsticks which happened to fall deeper in the bag.

"I thought it was playing smart with the hooligans," I muttered.

"No, that was advice."

"Aren't rules and advice similar?" I inquired with a quirk of a brow and a tap of a finger. It was illogical, but with this guy in the room, anything could be illogical just to tickle his feather.

"Where's your bodyguard?" he asked abruptly.

He found the chopsticks after a couple of seconds of scouraging and offered it to me, but I pushed it back. "That doesn't concern you."

I looked past his head and out to the skylight.

"You're a looker, lately."

I averted my eyes to him and tilted my head. "Is that right?"

He nodded and slid the chopsticks to my side anyways. Then, sat in his own chair to begin eating. The lid was propped aside, so that we could both could take our servings. It was too much for one, but enough for two, yet mine remained empty. He seemed to have noticed because within a couple seconds of pigging out, he stopped and reached over for the metal chopsticks by my hand.

I stopped him.

"What do you all want from me?"

He let go.

"I'm not sure what-"

"Don't play the idiot with me." I said.

His face fell, and he looked at me with guarded eyes.

"How much do you know?"

I scoffed. "All I need to know is that I used you as an excuse to get to Tokyo. Do you realize how hard it was to convince myself that I was this lovesick, mental teen who couldn't move on from her ex? People had the presumption that you were one of the reasons why I decided to move out! But, what I didn't know was that you were living and working here already!"

"Are you still that lovesick teen?" he asked as he fiddled with his chopsticks, catching me off guard.

My eyes widened into saucers, and I stood up in fury. "What sort of question is that? Of course, not. You left me!"