The Clan Part III

(AN: Sorry this took so long to post :( writer's block. Happens to the best of us ;D)

When I woke up Palmer was sitting over me running a hand through his hair nervously. He looked up and turned behind him calling, "She just woke up, she's fine!"

I heard murmurs from behind his back, I assumed it was from the rest of the clan. Clan... wolves... ghost wolves... oh my god... I had just witnessed them all shift right in front of me. I tried to sit up but Palmer pushed me down with his hand on my shoulder. "No, no you're not going anywhere just yet." he told me authoritatively.

I looked around but all I could see was the dark depths of the forest. Palmer was blocking my view of all the other Shifters and I couldn't look around him. He put a hand behind my back and helped me sit up a little bit so I could regain my equilibrium. I felt my vision swim slightly and then everyone came into view. They were no longer the animals I had watched them transform into, but the people that had once stood before me in a circle.

"Wha-what happened?" I stammered quietly.

Palmer put an arm around my waist and helped to ease me to my feet. "You passed out as soon as we shifted. You just collapsed right there." He nodded his head back, to where we stood before, as he led me to a log to sit on.

I sat down as easily as I could manage and Palmer sat down beside me while watching me with curious eyes. I put my head in my hands and could feel the migraine forming.

"Ughhhh." I moaned into my palms.

Palmer rubbed a hand across my back to try and soothe me but it only made me wince. I think subconsciously I was slightly afraid of him. I mean, honestly, how many times can you say that you've had a group of people change into a bunch of animals right in front of you? I was a little freaked out to say the least. I felt him shift his position uncomfortably beside me and I lifted my head to look at him. He really was gorgeous. I couldn't get over how much he reminded me of James Dean; who happens to be my favorite actor and by far the most handsome man to walk the planet. He smiled weakly at me while running a hand through his jet-black hair.

"Are you afraid of me?" he asked.

I shook my head, lying. "No I'm just... shaken up a bit after... well you know... fainting." I said meekly.

He snickered quietly beside me and shook his head. "I wish I could say you wouldn't be the first, but you really are the first to ever witness us shift. I was thinking you'd run screaming into the woods to be honest."

I felt someone sit down on the other side of me and turned to find Rey there. He smiled warmly at me and I felt my body tingle. "You doing alright there champ?" he teased while brushing a stray piece of hair from my cheek.

I slapped his shoulder playfully. "Well how would you react if you watched a group of people become animals right in front of you?"

He stood to his feet while laughing at my question. "Well you still haven't met everyone yet." he said while grinning down at me and holding out his hand for me to take. I grinned up at him and let him pull me to my feet.

He introduced me to everyone that was in the circle one by one. I met the old woman that became the snake first.

"This is Billie, she's the wife of our clan leader; David." he motioned to the older man who's spirit wolf bowed to me before it entered his body. Billie nodded to me graciously and smiled. She turned to wave her husband, David, over to introduce to me. He walked over with a steady stride that exuded his seniority over the clan. When he reached us he extended a hand to me and I shook it.