Trouble in Paradise

For the rest of the tour, it was pretty low-key for you. You don't get to go out much because of your studies with your tutor and when you do, you're around to help Niall and the lads. It's mostly studies and a lot of relaxation because Niall won't hear of you getting mobbed especially when you recounted the fans that spotted you in Paris.

"I'm going now, babe," Niall told you, pulling down his black shirt.

You pout at him and close the school book you're reading.

"Why can't I be with you?" you wail, using your puppy dog eyes on Niall.

Niall smiled sympathetically and said, "I'll be in a meet and greet session and as much as I want you with me, I can't take any chances of some fans getting crazy enough to harm you. Not all fans can be as sweet and loving as you."

You pout at him. "Please?"

Niall narrow his eyes at you and said in a firm tone, "No."

You sigh in defeat and lean back on the fluffy couch. "Fine. Go ahead. Enjoy."

You peek up at Niall and saw his face filled with guilt. You silently celebrate as you know that Niall would crack in a moment or two.

"I promise to make up for it, princess," Niall said, coming over to give you a kiss.

Your silent celebration crashed and burned as you realize that Niall is firm about leaving you behind for the day. You stay silent as you watch Niall open and shut the door behind him as he goes off for his appointments.

"Ugh!" you cry in annoyance. "Why does he have to be so adorably overprotective?"

You decide to watch a few hours of television to kill the time and then browse Twitter. A new trending topic called #1DMeetAndGreet caught your eye and you opened it.

Out flooded pictures of the lads with the fangirls. There's a particular picture that caught your eye though. It's only of Niall and this girl. She's tall, taller than you, and very pretty. Like supermodel-pretty with more realistic features. She's kissing Niall's cheek in the picture and Niall was just smiling but you can tell it's sort of forced because Niall's eyes aren't smiling unlike some pictures you saw before and whenever he's with you.

You checked the caption and luckily, it's the girl's own profile with the words "KISSED NIALL TODAY. WON'T FORGET THIS ❤️❤️❤️"

You scrolled down her Twitter page and saw that she's a die hard fan of Niall's. There are even several retweets of her begging for Niall's attention. You did not wish to feel disturbed about this but the pang of jealousy started sprouting at you.

"Damn," you mutter, throwing your phone away to stop feeling so worked up over nothing.

"Anything the matter, sweetheart?"

You look up and saw Niall, just arriving.

"Nothing. Just a little jealous," you admit, standing up to hug your little Irish man.

"Jealous of what?" Niall asked, hugging you back.

You took a moment to breathe in Niall's scent and...it does not smell like him at all. There's no aftershave and a teensy hint of alcohol at all. There's only the sickening scent of flowers and whatever the heck they put in sweet girly perfumes. You push Niall away and walked over to the couch, staring at Niall while thinking of what you should say.

"Niall, sweetie, I love you," you start, looking directly at Niall's confused face. "But I feel really jealous of the girls who get a little too friendly with you."

"What?" Niall asked.

"Exhibit A," you start. "That girl from the meet and greet. You actually let her kiss you?"

"I'm doing my job," Niall said, his tone exhausted.

"When does being a pop star entitle you to let random chicks kiss you?" you pointed out.

You know deep inside that it's not Niall's fault. You know how fan girls react because that's who you are and you know if you're in that girl's position, you would have done the same thing. But you can't help it. You're jealous and your mouth can't stop shooting words that you never really mean.

"You know how fangirls react," Niall said heatedly. "It's not like I can stop them. It'll hurt them. It'll hurt the fanbase."

You huffed and rolled your eyes. "You can stop them, Horan. You just don't want to."

Niall's lips turned to a straight line as he looked at you intently.

"It's not my fault," Niall said slowly, obviously trying so hard not to lose his temper.

That's when you cracked. You threw whatever is near you (a throw pillow) at Niall and stormed off to your room. As soon as you slammed the door, you heard another door slam as well.

"Argh!" you scream into your pillow.

You look up at the ceiling and then at the door.

Stupid, you thought. How can you be so stupid? Niall is right. It isn't his fault. It was never his fault. It isn't the fans' fault either.

You pace around the room thinking of what you should say to Niall.

Nothing, you thought. Seriously? I can't come up with an explanation?

You sigh in defeat and took a deep breath before opening the door again. Niall is nowhere to be found. The living room looks the way you left it and Niall's room is empty. You checked your phone and there aren't any messages for you from him.

You decided to ask the lads and all told you that they haven't seen Niall since the meet and greet earlier. You began to worry and decided to sit down and wait up for him, no matter how long it takes.

Niall arrived drunk five hours later. Like really drunk. He can barely stand up and is talking gibberish.

"Niall!" you cry, watching him stumble into the suite.

He fell down by the door and you rush to his side. He smells strongly of vodka and by the looks of it, he drank a whole lot. You helped him up and slowly led him to his room. You pried off his shoes and started to undress him off his sweaty clothes. You try so hard to ignore his toned body as you wash him up a little so he'd cool down a bit before dressing him in a pair of pajamas you found in his suitcase.

"Oh Niall," you whisper, tugging him in his covers. You place a receptacle beside his bed just in case he vomits and was about to turn off the lights and leave when Niall grunted a few unintelligable words.

"Sleep now, Niall," you mutter, pulling the covers up to his chin.

"S-stay, (Y/N)," he muttered, half-asleep. "I'm s-s-sorry."

You feel tears nearly falling from your eyes because guilt is eating you alive knowing that you're the one who should be sorry and not him.

"Ssh," you say, playing with his hair a bit.

You suddenly felt him pull you down beside him and you welcome his embrace knowing that this is where you want to be for now and for always.