Band Break and a Date

Niall didn't wake up until late noon and with a pretty bad headache too. He groaned and wailed when he trudged towards the sofa the next morning, cradling his head.

"What happened last night?" he wailed.

You look at him sympathetically and sat beside him, placing two aspirin pills and a bottle of water in his hand.

"Drink up Horan," you said. "And lie back down. I'll get you a late breakfast and call on the lads to say you'll be out for today."

Niall quickly took the pills and rested his head on a cushion, squinting at the ceiling as if trying to remember.

"Don't I have a rehearsal or something today?" Niall asked.

You didn't bother to answer yet as you placed a call for room service. When you were done, you look back at Niall and saw he's still waiting for you to say something.

"You're supposed to have this recording on your rest day today but please you need to rest until that hangover of yours ease up," you explain.

"Why did I drink so much last night?" Niall asked quietly, trying to remember. Then his eyes grew wide with realization and stared at you, remembering fully well what happened yesterday.

"I'm sorry, okay," you said, avoiding Niall's gaze.

Niall said nothing. You peek at him and saw that he's just waiting for you to continue explaining.

"I'm sorry. I got jealous over nothing, I know. You love me, and I definitely love you very, very much," you say, taking up the courage to look at him straight in the eye.

Niall took a deep breath and looked down on his lap and up the ceiling and back down on his lap again.

"(Y/N), I love you so very much," he said, looking at his lap. Then he turned to face you, his eyes a little sad. "But if you can't trust me enough to do my job as everyone expects, maybe..."

You felt your heart stop beating for a while. Your eyes turned dewy and immediately knelt beside Niall, making sure he's looking right at you and not anywhere else.

"I trust you," you said hastily. "I do trust you. I don't trust the other fans though. I've seen what they can do and how they react. Please believe me."

You felt tears streaming down your face as you chant "I trust you" for a while in a quiet voice, looking down at your hands that's clasping his.

You feel Niall pull your chin up just so you're looking straight into his eyes.

"I believe you," he said quietly, a small smile on his lips. "But please try not to be jealous of the fans. I love you so much."

"I love you, too," you say, hugging him tightly.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

You look out the backstage of the press conference and smile with pride at the blonde Irish guy sitting behind the table along with Harry Styles, Liam Payne, and Louis Tomlinson.

He caught you staring at him so he gave you a playful wink before turning back to the press.

You blush at his gesture and returned to your seat backstage, watching the press conference live in a telly.

"So what's next for you guys?" a journalist from some known magazine that you forgot asked the lads.

You watch Liam lean forward and say, "We're going to take a break."