{ C H A P T E R - 3 }

               "Are you single? Are you taken? Working towards your education?" - Omarion ft. Fabolous, & Pusha T, "Know You Better"

               Pulling up next to one of the 7-Eleven's gas pumps, Kairo turned the car ignition off before hopping out and closing the car door.

               Looking around the 7-Eleven, he saw there was only one car besides his, walking towards the gas pump, he slide his card in as he paid for the gas before grabbing the nozzle out of the holster.

               After unscrewing the gas cap, he placed the nozzle inside of the gas tank. Once finished, he placed everything back and decided to go inside to buy his favorite drink; Simply Lemonade with raspberry.

               Walking inside, he looked around to see the young male cashier on his phone, and a group of girls backs were facing him as they were standing at the slushie machine.

               Looking through the glass doors of the beverage display cooler, he saw they didn't have his drink so he decided to get a Dr Pepper instead.

               Closing the glass door, he started to make his way to pay for his drink, but stop once he heard someone calling out his name.

               Turning his head, he saw a girl he use to mess with. He watched as she strutted towards him, leaving her friends behind.

               "Wassup," he said.

               "Haven't seen you in a minute," she replied as she went to give him a hug.

               Kairo saw that the girls that was with her was staring at him hard.

               "I've been around." he replied, taking a step back.

               "Oh, maybe we can link up sometime soon," she said, smirking as her eyes roamed over his body; remembering how good it was with him

               "I actually have a girl right now." he told half-truth, he did already consider Asia to be his.

               "So?" she responded, not caring.

               "I'm good." Kairo shook his head in disgust walking away from her and towards the cashier. Placing his soda on the counter as took out his money to pay for it, he could hear the girls talking loudly about him, but dismissed them and kept it moving.

               He hopped in his car, heading on to the interstate driving straight to the barbershop.

               Half an hour later, he parked his car from across the barbershop before heading inside.

               Kairo felt all eyes on him once he stepped foot in the shop, he nodded at a few people before walking towards Ricky.

               "Wassup, I haven't seen you ass in a minute." Ricky exclaimed as he dapped him up.

               Ricky was a cool older dude that was bald, with a long beard, and large gut. He kind of reminded him of the rapper Rick Ross.

               "Been busy." he replied, simply taking a seat in his chair not caring that there was probably people there already waiting before him.

               It was him who actually gave Ricky the money to open up the shop, so Ricky didn't mind when he came through unexpectedly.

               Fanning out the cape before he placed it around Kairo's neck. "I thought your ass might've gotten yourself a new barbershop."