Twenty.

Now Playing... Lucid Dreams

"What did hot stuff do this time?"

Rolling my eyes, I plopped down on Lana's couch, eyeing the buffet of diabetes she had laid out on the coffee table. She and I dedicated one night a month to girl's night where we would watch Nicholas Sparks movies and binge eat an array of junk food. We considered it a much needed break from the idiot boys in our lives.

"It actually started with Mason."

Lana's jaw dropped. "Spill the tea right now."

I explained the whole story to her. She had already known about mine and Wes' past, considering she was the only person I had after Wes left for London, but when she learned the truth about Mason, she rolled her eyes. "While that's some piping hot tea, I never liked Mason anyway."

"Lana!"

"What? I'm just being honest." She sipped her Pepsi, smirking. "I always thought you were meant for Wes."

I scoffed. "Like hell I am."

"Well, aside from the truth you're failing to face, do you want me to beat Mason's ass?" Lana rolled up her sleeves, glaring.

"It doesn't matter now. Wes stopped him before anymore damage could be done."

She relaxed, reaching for the salt and vinegar chips. "What did hot stuff do after you found out the truth."

I sighed, filling Lana in on the fight between Wes and I, but as I told the story, I found myself fighting back tears as that familiar ache in my chest appeared again. I couldn't understand why it was affecting me so much, but then again, to be used by someone who used to put me as their first priority hurt a lot, and it brought back the pain from the past. Once I finished telling Lana, she sighed, her eyebrows crinkled. "I don't understand, Molls. You guys were best friends for what, ten years, and then it just ends like that? It keeps getting worse? It doesn't make sense."

I smiled sadly. "It's never made sense to me, but there's nothing I can do about it. He's not the same Wes I knew."

"Maybe he just doesn't know how to show the Wes you know. Give him time." She encouraged before handing me a bag of skittles. "But you can worry about him later. Tonight, we're getting candy high and watching movies with all the hotties you could possibly dream of."

"Zac Efron?"

"Damn Straight."

***

"Molly, wake up! Nova's been calling every hour." I opened one eye to see Lana glaring. Sitting up, I stretched and yawned.

"What's wrong?"

"She said she needs you home so she isn't alone."

I stood, smirking at Lana. "Wanna come over for a girls day?"

Lana smirked back, and we laughed as we left for my house. Once we reached the house, we walked through the front door, laughing about our "Party In The USA" duet on the way there, but my laughter quickly faded when I saw Wes kissing another girl on the couch. My breath caught in my throat, while Lana looked between the two of us, closing her eyes and sighing. The girl started kissing his neck, and Wes looked at me, his lips forming into a smirk. I knew he wanted me to react. He wanted to prove a point.

Lana flipped him off, dragging me upstairs. When we reached Nova's door, I leaned against, clutching my chest. Lana sighed, hugging me tightly. "Molls, don't worry about him. He's just trying to get to you."

If only she knew.

Composing myself, I walked into Nova's room with Lana following. She was sitting on the window seat, her eyes closed as a content smile appeared on her face.

"Hey, Nova."

Her eyes shot open as her smile grew bigger. "Molly! I'm so glad you're here!"

She hugged my waist tightly, and I laughed. "Wanna have a spa day?"

She nodded eagerly before walking to her closet and grabbing a foot spa, nail polish, and face masks. They were all Disney themed, but from having multiple spa days with Nova, I knew they smelled amazing. The three of us walked down to the deck. It was shaded enough that we could be comfortable but still feel the warmth of the sun. We set up our make shift spa day, and I prepared the foot spa while Lana set everything else up. Nova wanted to use the foot spa first, so we let her while Lana and I talked, painting our nails.

"Who was the girl Wes was with?" Lana questioned, and I shrugged, focusing on painting my thumb nail.

"He has so many girls in his phone, I would never be able to tell them apart."

Lana laughed, but then she suddenly grew serious, glaring at something behind me. "Well, well, well, if it isn't Mr. face sucker."

"Lana, always nice to see you."

When I glanced over my shoulder, I saw Wes leaning against the door, staring directly at me.

"Say what you need to say, Wes." Lana hissed before spreading her painted nails. "We're having a spa day, and you're not invited-- unless you have something you'd like to reveal."

He glared at Lana, and I softly giggled. Until he spoke again. "Actually, I need to talk to Molly."

Dead silence.

"Sorry, hot stuff. Not happening." Lana smirked, and he raised his eyebrows as he walked closer to us.

"Why isn't it?" He crossed his arms over his chest, pointedly looking at me. "She can speak for herself, you know."

Lana stood, placing her hands on her hips as she glared at him. "You haven't been very considerate lately, so as far as I'm concerned, and I know Molly thinks so as well, you lost your chance to talk to her the moment she left last night. So, no, you can't talk to her. Go back to your hook up."

Wes' jaw dropped as he glanced between the two of us, and the look on his face almost made me regret not talking to him.

Keyword there: almost.

He shook his head before stomping into the house, slamming the back door. Lana and I high fived each other, until we remembered Nova was still there. She stared at both of us in shock, but then a small smile grew on her face as she pointed at Lana. "I like her."