Chapter 5~ The First Two

Hikari's POV

We followed Kysandra into the palace, me holding up the rear. As we walked into the house my mouth dropped open, it was astounding. The inside was all fancy, with modern Chinese paintings, furniture and layout. "Are you gonna stand there all day!" I heard a voice say as I snapped out of my daze. I looked up, oh. It was Kaze. Of course. I started walking again, following once more, but still looking around.

When we got to the throne room, it was even more amazing. Chinese jewels and artifacts everywhere. And a red velvet chair sat at the very front of it. Kysandra walked over to it and sat down. "I have an artifact to check if you are the priest or not." she said, looking at me. "Bring me the staff!" she yelled, a servant ran off and came back as quickly as she had left. The staff was silver, with a metal bottom and a silver and red cross on the top. It was, overall, beautiful, but intimidating. "So," Kysandra spoke again, "I want you to hold the staff." she said, holding it out to me.

"Why...?" I asked uneasily. As I said, intimidating.

"Because," she started, "If the staff starts glowing red, then we will know if you are the Priest of Suzaku." she smiled.

"U-uh I'm good," I said backing away. Again, I don't want to be the Priest of Suzaku. However, Kysandra wasn't having any of it so she the thrust the staff into my hands. It started glowing.

"Whyyyyyyyy.." I heard behind me, Kaze again. I don't get why she hates me, I mean what did I do? Oh, I may have annoyed her a little oops.

"Yes! I knew it!" Kysandra shouted, clapping her hands. I heard Kaze groan in the background. "Okay, since you are the Priest, I'm going to have to teach you some basics." she said. "First off, this staff is magical, only the Priest can use it. To use it, point it at the enemy and then think zapping them with magic, try it on that target over there."

I turned toward the target. Why does she just randomly have a target in the throne room? I thought but then shrugged it off. I pointed the staff at it and concentrated on thinking about magic. At once, the staff produced red lightning, burning the target. I looked at what I did in awe.

"You did it!" Kysandra shouted, walking over to me and patting me on the back. Just then, the jewel right in the middle of the cross started glowing.

"Uh..what's that?" I asked, pointing to the jewel.

"That's the Suzaku Warrior Sensor, if Suzaku warriors are around it will glow brightly." she finished.

"So, who could be the Suzaku warrior around?" I asked, scanning the room.

"Ors."

"Excuse me?"

"Ors, Warriors, as in more that one." she explained to me.

"Well, do you know who they are?" I asked her. She sent a knowing glance to Kaze. Kaze sending a glare back, as if to say, 'Don't do this please.'

"Well first thing you need to know is that Suzaku warriors have symbols on their bodies that represent them such as Nuriko, Chichiri etc. Their symbols will appear on that jewel.¨ she explained pointing to the symbols on the jewel.

"Well, I guess that means were gonna have to have a hunt around the palace" I said, getting ready to go look around. I saw Kysandra open her mouth looking like she was about to say something, however before she could, Kaze ran and slapped her hand over her mouth preventing her from saying anything. That was weird.  I thought.

I walked off and started looking around the palace trying to find any clue as to where the Suzaku warriors. I looked in the throne room, he bedrooms and even the ballroom, not finding a single clue. I groaned, this is gonna take forever! Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder, jumping back from who it was, it Kysandra.

"Any luck finding anything?" she asked obviously amused by the situation. You could just tell that she knew something. She smiled, "Here, why don't I help you?" I nodded thankful for the help.

We had been looking around for what seemed like hours when we heard something, footsteps. Kysandra immediately got into defense position, me following suit even though I had no idea what I was doing, I gripped my staff tightly. Now you're probably thinking it was like Kaze coming up from behind, but no. It was at least five burly, muscular bandits coming at us. Kysandra pulled out her sword and immediately got into action, she swung it every which way hitting them directly on target. I was holding my own pretty well, until a guy came up from behind me and started choking me. I struggled against his grasp, "Give us the staff" he whispered in my ear. I ignored him and clawed at his hand trying to get him off.

Suddenly, the man shouted in pain jumping off me and placing his hands immediately going to his wound, which seemed to be a burn mark? And that's when I saw the orange hair flash in front of me. It was Kaze. She had saved me. She walked up to me and stuck out her hand to pull me up. I took it. "Thank you" I whispered, my voice horse from being strangled.

"Whatever" she replied and went straight back to fighting, burning the guys with her fans.

I picked up the staff and tried to help out this time too. I actually shot off some of the bad guys! However there were two bad guys left. One Kysandra was dealing with and the other with Kaze. I looked over and saw that Kaze had been knocked over and her fans had fallen out of her hands. She was defenseless. So, as if my body was on autopilot, I aimed the staff at the guy and shot him straight on, knocking him out cold. At that same time Kysandra had finished and ran over to us. I reached out my hand to Kaze to pull her up. She just stared at my hand. She finally seemed to snap out of her daze and grabbed my hand.

"Thanks, I guess" she mumbled. I smirked, finally having a good reaction come out of her. "But! Don't think this changes my view of anything you do! Idiot." she exclaimed, pointing at my face.

Suddenly, Kysandra pulled Kaze over to a spot away from me, to discuss in private I guess. So, I just stood back and waited. A little while later they came back to me and and stood in front of me, a smirk on each of their faces.

"So I heard," Kysandra started, pulling down her shirt collar, while Kaze pulled up her sleeve. "You were looking for two Suzaku warriors" and that's when I saw saw them, the red mark of Hotohori on Kysandra's neck and the mark of Tasuki on Kaze's

"Well, looks like you found them."

WOW GUESS WHO UPDATED AFTER LIKE TWO YEARS. JESUS CHRIST, I AM SO SORRY SCHOOL HAS BEEN DEATH AND STRESS AND PERSONAL SHIT BUT I STILL HAVE REALLY NO EXSCUSE IM SO SORRY. I MADE THIS KINDA LONGISH TO MAKE UP FOR IT BUT ITS KINDA CRAPPY, STILL I HOPE IT CAN HOLD YOU OVER UNTIL THE NEXT UPDATE. UNTIL NEXT TIME MY CHILDREN!

~Chibi