The Awkwardness is Upon Us

Kissing Will was like being electrocuted.  I never meant for my first kiss to be sitting on the side walk in front of the school, but I was sitting there and then I was leaning in and his lips were on mine and then I was on another planet and nothing mattered except Will.  

And so, there I sat, in my dark room at one in the morning, thinking about Will.  And how I kissed him.  And how he kissed me back.  How his cheeks bones felt under my thumbs.  How his hands went from his lap to my back to my hair.  How I could fell his skin when I grabbed his shirt to pull him closer, closer.  And how, then, after a second, or maybe a century, it was over.  Kissing Will made time stop.  It made every little thing disappear and it was just us.  Will and me.  He made me forget my name.  His kisses were magic, and I was most definitely under his spell.

After significant time spent daydreaming, I actually fell asleep.  I did not, however, dream of Will.  For the first time in years, I got a good night's sleep.

~*~

My morning passed uneventfully.  Get dressed, take ten minutes to crutch downstairs, eat breakfast, brush my teeth, take another ten minutes to crutch to the bus stop.  Seriously, those things are inconvenient as (add whatever you like here).  And then I'm sitting on the bus, waiting for Will to come sit next to me.  Waiting, and waiting, and waiting.  And then a guy in a black hoodie got on the bus, right as the doors are about to close.  He slunk down the isle toward my seat and plopped down next to me.  The guy looked up and I realized that it was Will.  But he had bags under his eyes and looked like he'd rolled three miles down a hill to get here.  

"What happened to you?" i asked, examining his face.

"I'm currently not feeling to greatest.  I didn't get much sleep," Will yawned, closed his eyes, and leaned back against the seat.

"Will, you look sick.  Maybe you shouldn't be going to school today," I wanted to reach up to touch his forehead, or his cheek, but I wasn't sure that'd be welcome.  I wasn't sure where, exactly, we stood.  i mean, we'd kissed, but what did that make us?   It's a little much to say that you're dating someone after only knowing them for a weekend.  But something with Will just felt right.

All too soon, we were at school.

A/N:  Ok, first things first: I AM SOOOOOOO SORRY!!!!!! And I'm not going to make excuses, mostly because I don't have any.  It's been a crazy couple of months, but you guys deserve so much better.  I mean 2.8k reads? I never thought I'd get more than 100.  BUT 2.8 THOUSAND??? That's a lot of people reading my work.  And you guys seem to think it's good.  I'm truly humbled and I am so sorry that I don't update more often, I am just lazy when it comes to writing.  Like I'll have time and I'll spend it looking through tumblr or on youtube or something.  And this chapter is really short and I had this whole big plot planned out and then I deleted it off my phone because I was out of storage and now you guys get this short ass chapter because I'm lazy and lacking inspiration and I felt bad that I hadn't updated in a long while and yeah.  I really hope you guys like this and if you were like "who is this strange person popping up in my notifications feed then HIIIIII I hope I was dancing around in the back of your mind somewhere.  Now, I better go before this author's note is longer than the actual chapter.

Ttfn my uNICOrns,

Queen Liz