Chapter 6

Once I set foot on our residence, the uncanny silence hit me. I began to question and look for their whereabouts out of worry in every room on the first floor, until I came upon them on Grandpa's personal workplace. Three police officers were sitting on the couch in front of Grandpa's long, dark office desk. A familiar man stood at the side of him on edge, his fearful gaze meeting mine. I finally recalled whose face that almost slammed me to the ground earlier, although his brown hair is a bit disheveled.

All of them turned to me. I froze and took awhile to utter a single word. Before I could even, Grandpa took the initiative to say something. "This is my granddaughter." He stood and walked towards me. "Everything is fine just go to your room."

I didn't believe him. I nodded and took one glance behind before leaving. As he closes the door, I saw one of the policeman with an intense stare, his tired old eyes didn't fail to scare me despite it. It was then I instantly regretted not going straight to my room.

I hurried towards the stairs, but stopped when I noticed the double door that was locked at all times was suddenly unlocked. The unpleasant feeling was replaced by excitement and anticipation as I finally got to step inside in one of the place that's memorable. The hall stretched a bit far with a royal carpet leading me straight to it. There were only two drawers that I passed by but I didn't bother to look through as the other double door ahead was far more interesting. Pictures of family and landscapes were placed on the walls. Antique glass lamps were attached on the macaroon walls along with it.

As I pushed it, a bit of dust made its way into my nose. I sneezed it out and turned to my left where three step stairs led to a large portion of the room packed with two shelves occupied with books and board games. At the center of the top was an uncleaned circular table where we'd play. At the side, near the certain amount of outlets were three side chair, two of them  broken. By the curiously barred and nailed window, below at the side was a long daybed filled with dust. This room was barely cleaned at all. As I pay closer attention, almost all windows were blocked, hardly any sunlight passing through, as a result the plants dying at both sides of the stairs with one broken vase. It was obvious no one took care of it despite having helper in the house, but out of all the rooms why?

As I slowly turned around in disheartened surprise, the state of the room gets worse with scratches on the wall, and then behind me I saw Sasha on the floor all bound up and with a tied cloth on the wood in her mouth, the horror in her  eyes visible as she stared at me. Beside her was a cosplaying blonde elf with darkened eyes and blood iris, his costume was about as similar to this popular video game. I didn't have time to think this through as he held the familiar knife towards me. In a menacing, deep voice that showed his fangs he threatened...

"Don't.  Move."