Cheek to Cheek

The night time sky fell over Hogwarts and the only little light source was of the moon, the occasional lamp, and the fire burning in the Gryffindor common room. James, Remus, and Sirius were sitting around in a comfortable silence talking here and there and reading and falling asleep. "Okay guys I'm gonna have to go I'll see you tomorrow I'm falling asleep." James said getting up from a comfy armchair across from the couch which had Remus laying in between Sirius's legs. Sirius's hands were in Remus's hair and Remus was reading a book with his head on his chest. "K we'll be up soon, night Prongs" "night" the boys said to James as he made his way up the stairs to the boys dorms and out of sight.
"Siri?"
"Yes love?"
"Do you know how to dance?" Remus questioned. The Yule ball was coming up. There had been no question about who they were going with, obviously each other they had been official for a few months now. But for some reason Remus never gave a second thought to the dancing aspect of the whole thing... He's never danced before, at least not with another person. How did you actually dance?
"Yea I guess so, I've done my fair share of dancing in the past." Sirius said offhandedly.
"Why do you ask?" Sirius said playing with a particular strand of Remus's sandy curls.
"Well I was just wondering, you know, cause I've never really.. I mean not really"
"You've never danced before?"
"I've danced, just not with a partner. Is it hard to do?"
"Why don't I show you?" Sirius said motioning Remus up so he could get from the couch and then putting out his hand for Remus to take. Remus took his hand and stood from the couch feeling much smaller than he really was.
"Well we'll be needing some music of course," Sirius said stepping back and gesturing with his wand, making soft elegant music play.
"Oh and then you'll need a partner," Sirius got on one knee in front of Remus and took his hands. "May I have this dance?" he said smiling and kissing the back of Remus's hands. "Hm I guess so." Remus said suppressing a grin. Sirius got off the floor and spoke again, "Now I'll lead, so place your hands here," he placed one of Remus's hands on his shoulder. "And here." And he moved the other to fit in his right hand and then put one of his hands on Remus's waist and moved it down to adjust it a little. "And now we dance. Put your right foot forward." He said putting his left back. "And then keep moving that way."
"Wait what do I do with the other foot?" Remus said confused
"Oh yea the thing is, I actually don't know how to dance I just wanted an excuse to be close to you." Sirius said smiling innocently and putting his face in the crook of Remus's neck. "It worked" "Oh come on, I wasn't joking about this." He said frowning although he wasn't really upset, it was all pretty cute. "But I had you fooled there didn't I? Really looked like I knew my stuff aye?" Sirius said pretending to dance elegantly still with Remus in his hands. "Yea you had me sold." Remus said. "We don't have to know how to dance properly we can dance however we want." Sirius said moving both his hands a a bit above Remus's hips. And Remus snaked his arms around Sirius neck. They pressed their bodies against each other and started swaying to the rhythm of the music. Remus. considerably taller than his boyfriend, had to bend down slightly and rested his head against the side of Sirius's. They stayed like this for a while. Planting kisses on whatever skin they could without moving too much, they didn't want to jeopardize this blissful time. "You're so gorgeous" Sirius whispered into Remus's ear. "I love you, Sirius"
"I love you too"