Chapter 18 - (what should i call this chapter?)

I wake up only to find myself cuddling Billy and the first thing that came into my head was, ugh.

I try to move away slowly hoping he wouldn’t wake up but he was already awake as soon as I stirred.

‘Morning,’ he says all cheerful. I look at him and sit up before looking away again.

‘So what are we going to do today?’ he asks sitting up. ‘We? Billy there’s no we from now on, okay? We had a deal.’

‘Remy, there is no deal yet. I said we can work it out in the morning.’

‘Yes and its morning now, so let’s work something out: You go your way and I’ll go mine. Okay that just about settles it.’ I stand up about to walk off.

‘Remiah, you’re starting to act like a child. Right now I only want what's best for you.’

With the last sentence it reminded me of Daniel which made me want to get away from Billy even more. I started to walk off, fast, hoping he wouldn’t follow me, but of course he did.

Remiah?

Another person that knows my name. I thought, but how could he know my full name, I’ve never really told anyone on the other side of the island. The only people that knew my full name was Nick, Jack and the men in…

Billy grabs my shoulder softly cutting me off from my thoughts and making me turn around like he did last night.

‘Billy! Stop following me,’ I say crudely. ‘Well stop running away then.’ He replies.

I let out a giant sigh and kept on walking faster and faster. He still kept following me but at some point he grabs hold of my arm, making me stop and turn around. He holds both my biceps, staring into both my eyes and moves forward. He was so close I could smell the ocean and the slight scent of B.O. not only that but his breath on me.

Once again I felt my heart pumping as fast as a Bullet Train, my body starting to feel numb like I couldn’t move.

I couldn’t help but get lost in his mystifying grey eyes not even noticing the silver shimmer seep across his eyes and making them go darker and darker. I helplessly watched as he leaned in closer and closer this time I couldn’t pull back, and I had no Luke to help me. I wanted to pull back! But I just couldn’t, I don’t know how or why.

Maybe he was like Zach, compelling me into not moving.

He pulls my body closer to his now holding my waist and as soon as he closes his eyes and was so close to kissing me I could feel my body coming back again both lips only centimetres apart. I pull back and punched him as hard as I could square in the jaw, then gave a half-heartedly kick putting him off balance and making him fall on the floor.

As soon as he fell down groaning I ran away not even bothering to look back. I didn't stop running even if I knew I was nowhere near him.

I just wanted to get away from everything; Billy, Daniel, the men in black, all of them, especially this dumb forest.

I wish I could run away and start a whole new life without all these things going on. No Daniel, no Billy, no men in black and especially no Warden running me and Nick’s life.

As I ran I realised how much I’ve actually wanted to punch Billy, as mean as it sounds it’s actually true!

It turned to dark, and by the time I started to walk again my head started to spin and thump, from all the running and thoughts in my head. I sat down leaning against a tree, closed my eyes and just listened to every little thing around me; the birds singing, the wind blowing, the leaves rustling, and sometimes the animals calling or running about on the ground.