Frosted Fire: Journey

Sapphire flew to the Ice Kingdom and to look for her friend Silverstar. After a few days of traveling, Sapphire finally saw her friend's familiar white-purple scales.

"Silverstar!" Sapphire yelled.

The Seawing saw Silverstar look up from her position on the icy ground with her silvery eyes.Sapphire glided down and landed next to Silverstar with a graceful whoosh.

"Do you want to go spy on the SkyWings?" Sapphire said, walking up to Silverstar, who was studying her intently."What for?" Silverstar asked, turning to look at Sapphire.

"Well..." The adventurous Seawing struggled to find a logical reason. "We could help your tribe by figuring out their plans! And get some sunlight and warmth," she silently added.

"I guess that couldn't hurt.. as long as we are careful," the Icewing princess noted. "I have a few days without meetings, so it should be fine."

YASS!!! Sapphire internally screamed with victory.

"But what will I tell Mother?""Tell her we're hunting and that you won't get hurt because you have ice scales." Sapphire said overwhelmed with joy.

"Alright, I'll see what I can do to persuade my overprotective mother," The Icewing hybrid replied as she began to spread her wings to soar back to her tribe's palace.

"I'll come too!" Sapphire said flapping her wings, "You may need backup."

After a few minutes, the duo arrived at the grand palace, where Icewing soldiers were positioned everywhere, looking for the possibility of an invasion. When they spotted Silverstar and the Sapphire beside her, the gates began to creak open. No one made any attempt to stop Sapphire, for it was known to all that she and the Princess were close friends.

Guards began to bow before the Princesses, but Silverstar said, "Get up, you don't need to do that!"

Sapphire and Silverstar walked into the entrance together. Silverstar would never be touched because of her ice scales that would freeze anybody. The only dragon that could touch her was Sapphire. Sapphire enchanted herself to never freeze, and that was only thing that she ever enchanted because she was afraid that she would lose her soul like some other animuses.

Silverstar led Saphire through the maze of halls to the throne room where her mother usually was.

"Mother?" Silverstar called out when they entered the crystalline chamber. "May I go hunting with Sapphire for the next few days?"

"Hmm?" Was all she got as a reply. The Icewing queen was extremely absorbed in her paperwork. Finally, she looked up, diamond trinkets clinking against her scales. "Where?"

"On a remote island in the Seawing Kingdom."

"Are you sure you'll be alright? Do you want some body guards to go with you? What is you get lost? What if you get too cold?" Talk about overprotective.

"Mother, I'm part ICEWING for crying out loud. Besides, I've been on trips like this with Sapphire all the time. We'll be fine."

"Fine," the IceWing Queen said defeated, "you can go but stay with Sapphire."

Sapphire and Silverstar ran out the room and down the hall overwhelmed with joy. They took off into to air outside the exit of the palace. They both twirled in the air while a SkyWing watched them from below.