Frosted Fire: Captured

"Thank you, ladies and gentlemen, for coming today to the Skywing Stadium," an announcer boomed. "In honor of the anniversary of the tribe's founding, we shall exhibit some special battles! I bring to you, our kingdom's very own creation..."

Sapphire flinched at the loud voice.

"We shall have another fight with our new breed of dragon," The announcer boomed, "the monster that will win this war for us!"

Sapphire's eyes grew wide as she looked at Silverstar.

"Silver, a new breed of dragon?" Sapphire whispered.

"I don't understand," Silverstar whispered back out of the corner of her mouth.

"Are they going to use them against us?" Sapphire whispered a little panicked.

Sapphire flinched again as another loud voice echoed across the prison, "This new breed of dragon will help us in the war, so why don't we test them out on a prisoner? How about you," The announcer finished as he pointed at Silverstar.

Silverstar blinked. And blinked again.

"No! Not her!" Sapphire screeched to the announcer. "Anybody but her!"

"Well, well," All eyes were now on the queen, who had just risen to her feet, "How amusing," she said as she pointed to some guards. "Bring the Icewing!"

Sapphire threw off her shackles as she launched into the air and tackled the guards head on trying to protect Silverstar.

"You're going to have to go through me first!" Sapphire yelled as she threw one guard out of the arena.

"Restrain the Seawing!" one of the guards commanded as a group of guards ran forward and threw themselves onto the struggling Seawing Princess.

Meanwhile, Silverstar was spitting clouds of freezing venom at anyone who came close to her. One Skywing somehow managed to dodge her breath attacks and grabbed her neck. Unfortunately for him, his body was instantly frozen solid.

Sapphire threw more SkyWings unto the ground unconscious and flew to Silverstar's side before more SkyWings came.

"Come on lets go," Sapphire said to Silverstar, "we have enough information."

"Don't let them get away!" The SkyWing yelled, "Release Shadowhunter!"

A DeathWing flew out of an enclosure and headed towards Sapphire and Silverstar, his horns had razor sharp spikes that also connected on its back and tail. His eyes were blood red and his body was red and black. Shadowhunter came towards Sliverstar with claws outstretched, and his jaws gaping wide open, spraying out a flaming substance. Before the Icewing hybrid could react, the fire came in contact with her skin. Unlike the other flames, she had withstood, this one released venom into her veins. The feeling was horrible, almost like a venom that was burning and poisoning at the same time.

Sapphire saw the DeathWing make contact with her friend. Sapphire threw herself against the DeathWing trying to save Silverstar. If they have this thing we'll never win the war. Sapphire though, Our only chance is to kill it now.

"Silver!" Sapphire yelled still battling the DeathWing, "We need to kill this thing!"

"Right!" Silver yelled back, as she prepared to unleash a venom cloud of her own. 

Then, she hissed at the monster, sending a purple cloud towards it. However, before the gases hit the beast, it waved its wing, repelling the freezing poison. Sapphire watched as Silverstar froze shocked. Sapphire snapped a SkyWing's neck and flew quickly to Silverstar's side. More and more soldiers surged both, until the pair were surrounded in a tight circle with them on onesie, and the colossal Deathwing on the other. Sapphire snapped at the soldiers to stay back.

"Silverstar use your frost breath!" Sapphire shouted as she kept fighting.

Before the Icewing Princess could move a muscle, a smoldering chain whizzed towards her and snapped her jaws shut. She attempted to break them off, but whenever she struggled, the metal flared red and burned her scales.

Sapphire tripped a SkyWing in the air before going down to help Silverstar.

"Stand still," Sapphire said carefully putting her talon in the keyhole.

Sapphire silently celebrated when she heard a click and the chain fell into Sapphire's claws.

"Go! Go! Go!" Silverstar yelled as they both spread their wings to take off.

They flapped and began flying away as fast as possible with Skywing soldiers hot on their tails. Sapphire heard a sharp intake of breath as her companion gasped in pain. She turned around to see the Icewing struggling to stay in the air, for one of her wings had been chained by one of the fire-bindings from before. Their eyes locked on the distant IceWings palace, and Sapphire knew what she had to do. Swallowing her tears, she soared away to tell the other tribes what had happened, and leaving her best friend at the mercy of the Skywings.
Silverstar should feel the tears beginning to pool in her eyes at the thought of leaving her best friend behind, but she didn't have much time to think about it. She had some Skywing soldiers to lose.
Sapphire wiped some of her tears away and headed toward the IceWing Kingdom.

"Halt!" she could hear the soldiers call out. Without a word, she dived into the canopy of the trees below, hoping she could lose them there.

Sapphire flapped her wings up and down as the IceWing Kingdom came into view. A squadron of Icewing soldiers saw her pursuers and immediately took flight. Before the Skywings could process what was happening, they were blasted with freezing gases and were dead before they hit the ground. Sapphire saw the IceWing soldiers head for the SkyWings but she didn't follow them. Instead, she flew straight for the palace where she hoped to see the Queen. Then, she crashed into the throne room, where she looked up to see a very surprised Icewing queen. 

"SKYWINGS, SILVERSTAR, CAPTURE, HELP!" Sapphire forced out of her lungs as she panted.