[V] Stockholm Syndrome

[Reader X Insane Taehyung]

Involves: forced, lost memory, abuse

°°°°°°°°°°
You could feel the droplets of the faucet on your skin.

You can't see it - the blindfold does a good job with that. But in your lack of visual you can feel it. The sensation is far more intense then sweat bleeding from your skin. Yes, it's much more prominent. You can feel the little drops of water crawl down your arm, slowly and leisurely; as if it's taking it's time. When it finally gets to your wrist, it stops, wondering whether to go off the back of your hand or continue trailing down your fingers. Picking the latter, the droplet runs down into the small pool of it's respected counterparts. Your body shivers to the feel of it's departure and a heavy breath escapes your chapped lips.

You need to get out or your body will break from hypothermia. You would've done so a long time ago if your wrists weren't chained to the legs of the claw-footed soaking bath. Your wrists don't go farther than the rim so you can't even make the water hotter. You've been keeping your knees close to your chest for the past two hours, or so it feels like. Your sense of time is altered without sight.

Your fingers and toes are pruned. Just to pass the time, you've been pinching your fingertips together as if to force out the absorbed water from them. Your white summer dress is drenched hugging your body flowing only from the ankle-deep water. You wondered why he only filled the tub this deep, but then you realized that he was trying to make you freeze. He would shower your entire body with burning hot water, then open the window so that a cooling breeze could wash over you, burning your body yet again with it's chill.

You were almost at your limit when you heard muffled jittering from beyond your cell.

He was finally home.

You could imagine the sickening grin he was probably wearing; those cat like eyes narrowed on the room you were trapped in. Your heart couldn't keep from beating out of your chest.

"I'm home." The voice dragged out like a husband greeting his wife. "Have you been good?"

You remained silent to the muffled voice, holding your breath as the sound of his footsteps crept closer and closer towards the room. You prepared yourself for the worst when the door opened and his mischievous tone echoed so close by.

"Have you calmed down, Jagi?"

You gulped.

He smiled.

"Let's get you a change of clothes."

Unchaining your wrists, the tightness of the bonds were replaced by his hands. "Don't let go of me", he warned. "Or I'll have to hurt you again, and that's the last thing I want to do."

The lie was so obvious it was almost funny. Maybe, if you saw his face at that moment, you may have said different. But as soon as you were in your assigned bedroom, he removed the blindfold off of you and you could see the familiar setting again.

"You had some nerve speaking with Jimin last night", he frowned while placing the blindfold on top of the night stand. Pointing to it he lectured, "This is a reminder, ______. Remember that you are mine alone. Not my hyungs' or anyone's!"

It was probably because you felt the need to cry that his eyes relaxed their frustration and turned to guilt. His hand reached out to touch you, but instinctively you backed away. This deeply troubled him, and so he passed you by and opened your bedroom door.

"I expect to see you at dinner by seven tonight. No exceptions."

He slammed the door and locked it; making his way elsewhere, leaving you to do whatever you wished for. Your body, still wet from the previous event, felt lighter than usual. And your legs wobbled as if you hadn't walked a day in your life. Just walking to the vanity took more effort than required to put one leg in front of the other. The worst part was staring at the image reflected in the mirror. It was a person you didn't recognize anymore. Your hair was beginning to turn grey and thin due to stress, and your iris looked darker and wider each day. Dark bruises decorated your wrists from your bounds, and a heavy redness was on your neck from yesterday. Taehyung was so livid at the fact you saw Jimin that he had choked you when first seeing you.

After changing into something more comfortable, you laid yourself on the queen-sized bed and closed your eyes. Breathing began to hurt the more you tried to do it. It felt like your ribs were squeezing your lungs and your throat was swelled up with salt. You coughed, again and again for a few seconds every minute, until a sudden drowsiness loomed over you. You turned to your side and before you knew it, you were enclosed in darkness again, when the hands of your captor gently embraced you with his warmth.

"T...Taehyung...?" You breathed between coughs.

He was so warm against your skin. It felt so nice, and your body was so weak that you couldn't even push him off if you wanted to. Taehyung held you tightly against his body; his breath on the back of your neck.

"Jagi, you're so cold. Because you didn't behave you've gotten sick." He lovingly wrapped you in his embrace, as he stroked the top of your wet hair. "______, just become mine already. It's not fair to me."

But you weren't his. You weren't anybody's.

"Why...W-Why are you d-doing this...to m--"

"Because you were mine first. What about that don't you understand? You were mine before anyone else had the chance to touch you."

"I... don't remember t-that at all." You wanted to be more forceful, but your shivering body had forced you to give into his advances.

He kissed the back of your neck, taking in the scent of you. He missed this so much. He missed everything about your presence so damn much. "It's all their fault. It's because they tried to steal you away from me."

"Who... did?"

"Jimin, Jungkook, Yoongi, Hoseok, Namjoon, Jin-- everyone! They all wanted you away from me. They didn't want us together. They tried to break the only thing we had...each other."

"I don't believe you."

"Why do you think the others don't tell you anything about you before the accident?"

Taehyung had a point. No one would tell you about the events leading up to the car accident you became apart of. You had lost all memory about who you were before then. All that they told you was to stay away from Taehyung; that he was bad news, and that he was responsible for why your memory went missing.

Taehyung's predatory brown orbs narrowed on you. "They never said that I was the one that hit you. In fact, I wasn't even there on the day of your accident."

Your eyes struggled to stay open, but you knew you were too weak to stay up. Still, you did your best to hear him out. You didn't know who to trust or who to seek closure from. It's been months stuck in this secret place where Taehyung had trapped you in. You had no contact with anyone. You couldn't even leave the house. All the windows were barred and permanently locked, and the your bedroom and front door had a key to get in and out of it. Most days, you were locked in your room with no sunlight or view of the outside world.

Last night was an exception.

You were able to open your bedroom door using a heavy textbook to break the doorknob. From there you called Jimin from the house phone to help you escape. You would've called the police but no matter how much you wanted to, Taehyung was still the V of BTS. Him leaving the group due to this would give not just him, but all the members a bad name. And especially since they seemed to care for you so much, you didn't want that for them.

But something still bothered you.

Why was he after you like this? What happened before that accident.

"Did...Did I..." you paused a bit, trying to chose your words carefully. "Before the accident... did I love you?"

"You loved no one but me."

~Fin~