[RM] Love All of You

[Injured Reader X Namjoon]

Prompt: After getting into an accident that deforms and scars your body to hideous measures, finding love seems impossible... until you meet someone who is way more than meets the eye.

Involves: Smut, prejudice, body-shaming, self-loathing, fluff

*Special thanks to curiousscouser for the magnificent prompt

___________________________

Everybody told you how lucky you were to survive. You were lucky only one side of your face was cut, lucky most of the damage would be covered by clothes. Stabbed 20 times, over one hundred stitches, and yet there was no organ damage. You were, by far, the luckiest girl alive. 

Today they had offered you cosmetic surgery, and your life was supposed to be dramatically different. You were at an age when most girls were going to clubs and ensnaring playboys with their sticky lipstick and overuse of cheap perfume. But you ended up engaged in a never-ending round of doctor and hospital appointments; your face bandaged for weeks like some killer in a horror film.

When the bandages finally came off, you somehow expected to be healed; to be miraculously taken back to the girl you had been. Instead, the livid gash stretched from your right ear to the corner of your mouth, pulling the right side of your lips up into a hideous parody of your previous carefree smile.

It was all over the news. The press loved your case against a violent man with known mental issues being allowed to control his own medication. Something bad was bound to happen eventually, you thought, and it happened to you.

You really were lucky to be alive.

Overnight you became a ghost. Whenever anyone saw you, you would watch them recoil in horror. The do-gooders would smile as though you had lost your mind when you lost your face, patting themselves on the back at their tolerance of your deformity. It became easier to not be seen than to put up with the stares and the muttered comments, so you stopped going out in the daytime. You got your qualifications to school online through the open university, and you worked from home. You could go weeks without seeing a soul, and that was how you liked it.

But you did let your guard down eventually.

Money was tight (not much money when you work from home), and you had to move to a cheaper flat. You didn't know the area, and as always, you chose to explore it by night. Your hair carefully brushed over the right side of your face. As low-cost dumps go, the area wasn't a bad one. Plenty of green spaces, lots of walks. In the daytime you imagine it was almost pretty, but in the isolation of the dark it was simply nondescript.

You started walking home and was about to step into the road when a car came spinning round the corner, clearly out of control. You watched in horror as it hurtled towards a car driving in the opposite direction. The driver of the second car swerved to avoid a collision, and hit a parked car instead, as the original car drove away without stopping. You ran across the road just as the driver opened the car door and staggered into the road.

"Fucking maniac, did you see that? Didn't even fucking stop!"

I went over to check the man wasn't hurt. He didn't seem to be, but you asked if he wanted you to call an ambulance. He was a tall and athletic man, towering over you. He looked as though he could take care of himself, but you found yourself wanting to maintain the human contact. He brushed your offer aside with rude disdain, and grew increasingly impatient when you told him you wouldn't leave until you was sure he was unhurt. Eventually he just ignored you, and when he mentioned phoning his insurance company you realized there was nothing you could do to help.